Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Install Guide?

GothicRebel

On 1/21/2014 at 11:47 AM, GothicRebel said:

Had a thought gents. After getting the wrong retro fit cable for the Bluetooth VC USB module I noticed that the cable has the mic connector. But it wasn't long enough to reach all the way up to my mic. Now when the newer retrofit cable arrives I guess the mic cable also won't be long enough. So I traced the current cable I have from my interior light.post-19574-139030461172_thumb.jpg

With mic attached.

post-19574-139030465907_thumb.jpg down my left brace to this socket.

post-19574-139030470623_thumb.jpg

When the new retrofit cable arrives. How do I connect it up?

9. Wires go into this grey connector but only 3 come out.

post-19574-139030481772_thumb.jpgpost-19574-139030483107_thumb.jpg

you have the same wiring as mine. mine is a March 2009-build Titanium, without the glovebox area wiring but with seemingly, the mic wiring. Same connection on the A pillar - grey plug. I'm presuming that I'll need the or a retrofit loom, but what about the mic and associated loop looms etc? All seem very confusing lol. I'm only after BT not the USB or VC options

• 2 months later...

instead of splicing in to the loom by the pillar, would one of the 'loop connectors' work better?

1592586 £8.21 Mic Patch Loom
1592580 £5.66 Audio Patch Loom

• 2 years later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2014 at 6:18 PM, JW1982 said:

There is no need to change the VIN number. A module with a different VIN number will also work fine on a Focus MK2/MK2.5. The only thing that must be configured is the vehicle type. A module from a Mondeo MK4, S-max/Galaxy, Fiesta MK7 or Focus MK3 does not work correctly in a Focus MK2/MK2.5 C-max MK1.5 or Kuga MK1 because these vehicles use a different configuration.

I sell a lot of used Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules. On these modules I delete the VIN number (change the VIN number for zero's) and configure the modules for the correct vehicle type the buyer wants. This way the modules are plug and play.

@JW1982

I plane to retrofit my ford MK3 2011, no sync and stuff needed, just bluetooth for phone and music. I currently have the standard cd unit which already have an USB and AUX-in. Can you please advise what type of module should I buy. Here you are talking about 8M5T-19C112-AN, AP, AR, AS, AT but in my country I can find 8M5T-19G488-AH, AL, BK.. Does it matter if it is an Mondeo or Fiesta module as long it has USB I could program it with ELM and it should work. Am I right?

Please give an advice. Thank you very much.

You current radio is a Low Level audio system. The Low Level Focus MK3 audio system does not support Bluetooth/Voicecontrol.

If you want to retrofit Bluetooth/Voicecontrol to a Focus MK3 that has the Low Level audio system you have to replace the complete audio system and install the missing wiring:

To do this you need the following parts.

* ACM (Audio Control Module).
* FCDIM (Display).
* FDIM (control panel)

* Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (either part number 8M5T-19C112-xx or CS7T-14D212-xx).
* Steering wheel radio control switch with VOICE button.
* Dashboard wiring.

Thanks for the info.

I already retrofitted the display and the control panel. I have now the 5" display with navi and the 0-9 key control panel with navi. So here no problem, everything is working great.

Is it really necessary to change the ACM (Audio Control Module) (aka CD unit)? From what I understood from the wiring diagram the bluetooth module only use CAN+, CAN-, GND, Power and the AUX-in port from the cd unit. All this signals are also present on the standard cd unit. The wiring from the module to the cd unit is no big deal, I can do it myself, no need to by patch cable.  The only problem remains if this standard cd unit will have the necessary commands to control the bluetooth module. Otherwise I have to upgrade the cd unit with the one with two big black connector, right?

Voice is not necessary so no need for steering wheel radio control switch with VOICE button.

Can the part number 8M5T-19G488- ... also be used?

Can you please give further advise to this scenario?

Thank you very much.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club