Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 1.4 Tdci Project Thread

Mikey923

Hi, this is basically a diary for the little things I've done to my Fusion in an attempt to make it a bit better looking on the road and also internally. It's definitely not one of the prettiest cars on the road but it has a special place in my heart.. Do you remember how you felt about your first car??

One of the very first things I did for the Fusion was replace the Ford 4500 Double-Din Stereo which I felt was rubbish and replace it with a much nicer Sony Xplod CD player. This of course meant I had to buy a fascia plate off eBay to fit the Single-Din CD Player.

Old -

post-45051-138914722352_thumb.jpg

For new -

post-45051-138914725403_thumb.jpg

Craving for sound the next thing I did was buy a Subwoofer for the (large) boot. I bought it relatively cheap in Halfords and bought a wiring kit online. With a few hours and some tinkering the Sub was working great.

Edge Subwoofer -

Next I purchased a pair of German Font number plates which was very popular in Ireland in 2013. It's for the VAGs but I said f&@k because I like the look of them! This is what it looks like, exactly the same as the Irish plate but with the German font -

post-45051-138914803342_thumb.jpg

post-45051-138914804746_thumb.jpg

I hoped these would make the Fusion stand out from the crowd a bit more :)

I began to think what I could do to the inside of the car to "sport" it up that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and I found a universal carbon fibre effect gear knob on eBay and a carbon fibre effect steering wheel cover.

I also bough and internal iPhone Charger and LED Bulbs to fit in the front and back for reading lights which are pretty cool in the dark!

I've made plans to buy a decent set of seat covers to finish the Internal side of the car.

Next came my vinyl/sticker/deal phase.. Had vinyls everywhere.. Inside and out.

Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy! Wasted enough money on them!
Now all I have is:
"Eat, Sleep, Ford"
An FOC Vinyl,
And a subtle "You like This" on the back bumper

These can be seen in my gallery - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/1184-ford-fusion-14-tdci-2004/

Something I hated about the car was the big, long aerial. I was delighted to find a nice looking, replacement on eBay. Even though it is maybe a quarter the size of the original the reception is fine.

post-45051-138914932402_thumb.jpg

Recently enough I completed a full LED conversion (Fogs, sidelights, Internal and license plate lights) and also Xenon Headlights.

This has taken years off the car IMO and really helps it stand out! Oh.. And my £5 ST badge hahaha.

post-45051-138914951566_thumb.jpg

post-45051-138914961396_thumb.jpg

post-45051-138914963241_thumb.jpg

I've also de-badged the "Fusion 3" and I'm thinking about doing the same to the TDCi. Ideas are very welcome!!

Check it out here - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/6848-ford-fusion-rear/

Also added a bolt on exhaust trim.. I know it's hated by some of you but lets not forget I'm on a student income and already paying far too much on insurance, not to mind modified insurance!

Anyway I think it looks great, not too flashy :) - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/6848-ford-fusion-rear/

Currently on the look out for a Laguna or Espace vented front splitter but they appear to be like gold dust!

2nd thoughts the OEM Fusion splitter is very nice.. Never had a proper look at it

To-Do List :

1.) Tint Back Windows
2.) Tinted Wind Deflectors
3.) Need New Speakers for the Doors 5x7"
4.) Fit Front Tow Stap
5.) Carbon Fibre Wrap Stereo Surround
6.) Get Nice Seat Covers
7.) Spray alloys
8.) Block EGR

Decided I'll go ahead with the front debadge.

Bought a mesh grill that's the closest design to the original I could find.

Hopefully it should end up something like this -

post-45051-138987161418_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club