Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Tdci Turbo Very Slow

Elw

I've had my fiesta 1.6 tdci now for about 5 months.

Occasionally, the turbo doesn't seem to function. It is very slow to accelerate and even with cruise control on, going uphill it lost speed.

However, it does work some of the time. It has even happened to be working then I pressed the brake, when I tried to accelerate again it had stopped.

I don't think it is clogged as I give it a good run down a dual carriage way everyday (turbo permitting).

Has anyone else had this problem? Or have any idea what it could be?

Thanks

have you checked your car for any faults? do you have an obd2 reader? if you dont then buy one off eBay, they cost about a tenner but make sure its for a ford as some dont work on fords.

last week when it was cold may car was very sluggish until it was warm and it felt like i had no power.

have a look at my signature at "got an error on your car?" for advice and suggestions on the OBD reader purchase.

It could be something small such as an air leak so you might want to check the hoses and pipes for any splits,

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2009 1.6 TDCI and am having similar problems, mainly when on the motorway and cruising for sustained periods. I have an OBD reader and my car shows no faults, but the turbo boost does drop when the fault occurs. Despite no faults indicating if I clear the fault codes and stop the car the fault dissapears for an undertermined time. If I give my car a good run then the fault doesn't replicate.

I have cleaned the MAF and all the indications of sensors are correct for the engine with the exception of the turbo boost when the fault occurs.

Does anyone know if the speed sensors feed into the engine management. I believe that the ABS sensors double as speed sensors in the Fiesta, could this be the issue?