Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Well Damn. Stupid Drivers Out Tonight...

b1g_dav3

Well just popped out for a mid-evening munch from the takeaway, and some bafoons come speeding up behind me, and one realises I'm there, brakes and spins into the back of the car at about 30ish by the time he's done. He then claims it's my fault as I was driving 'too far on the f'ing left'. Well damn, I've never been accused before of wrongly driving on the left hand side of the road before.

Luckily, I wasn't in my own car or it may now be in a thousand pieces, I was in a trusty old Land Rover but it paid the price with a now destroyed rear step, and has broken a reflector. It isn't all bad news though, the takeaway was safe and eaten as I waited for the police, the Land Rover is fine and the Corsa that hit me is somewhat bent into something remotely resembling a squashed bug. Better news - it was a 63 plate, so that's one !Removed! removed that he's still going to probably end up paying off for the next few years. His mate in the Golf sped off - pretty stereotypical pair if honest.

What helped is being at traffic lights, as well as hitting me he hit a post and some railing which took some impact out of it, and being a thundering beast the Land Rover just sort of sat there. Though I'm sure my back may disagree come morning...

• Like 3

All the other Drivers fault to be sure.

He was obviously hooning it and stuffed up.

Brand new Corsa too? Good effort.

• Like 1

His mate in the Golf sped off

:lol: That bit made me laugh out loud.

Glad you're ok. The Corsa must have been pretty smashed up for the police to have come?

If you had a rear dash cam, this would have been good evidence against their hooning, you possibly could have had him charged with careless driving.

Another Corsa bites the dust! Good news haha :lol:

But seriously you must be so glad it wasn't your car! So many idiots on the road!

Again, I like many appreciate that you have managed to save the world by removing one more blasted eyesore! As for the claim that you were driving on the left... what is there to say really! I expect the police immediately through the blame where it deservedly resides.

As for the golf, did you get any details? Clear the morons were trying to have a "who can go quicker" and clearly suffered! its a good job it was the landrover, but then again, I expect that if you want to laim for the repairs, it may well be written off. In fact, if it did that much damage, its possible it might have affected the subframe...

Do you have any photo's of the corsa's demise? if you do - please for the love of this forum - share them!

Thats made my day. Another yob in a Corsa off the road. Was he wearing a cap back to front and tracky bottoms by any chance?

• Like 1

Was he wearing a cap back to front and tracky bottoms by any chance?

That's compulsory when driving a corsa.

he will be shafted, not too disimilar to his future insurance premiums! plus his criminal record if the police decide to proceed with charges ;) :D

Who do these idiots think they are? I hope his mummy gave him a slap round the head when he got home as well and sent him to his room

I hope his mummy gave him a slap round the head when he got home as well and sent him to his room

It was probably her car in the first place!!! :lol::lol::lol:

This post has made my night! Haha. Was it a not so "limited Edition" corsa too?

All the other Drivers fault to be sure.

He was obviously hooning it and stuffed up.

Brand new Corsa too? Good effort.

last line actually made me laff.

• Like 1

Again, I like many appreciate that you have managed to save the world by removing one more blasted eyesore! As for the claim that you were driving on the left... what is there to say really! I expect the police immediately through the blame where it deservedly resides.

As for the golf, did you get any details? Clear the morons were trying to have a "who can go quicker" and clearly suffered! its a good job it was the landrover, but then again, I expect that if you want to laim for the repairs, it may well be written off. In fact, if it did that much damage, its possible it might have affected the subframe...

Do you have any photo's of the corsa's demise? if you do - please for the love of this forum - share them!

It was outside a Co-op so it's all be caught on camera, and the idiot in the Golf came back to have a nose, and was also pulled to one side and is now probably having a few other words too :P

There's literally no damage, it's an oldish Discovery with the metal bumpers, and the back's been reinforced after the boot was found to be rotted to hell and replaced.

Unfortunately my phone is out of commission, but there were photo's taken by people passing, probably laughing at the Corsa :P

Thats made my day. Another yob in a Corsa off the road. Was he wearing a cap back to front and tracky bottoms by any chance?

He did have a full tracksuit on a-la-Primark...

Imagine what his insurance will be.

It was probably her car in the first place!!! :lol::lol::lol:

This post has made my night! Haha. Was it a not so "limited Edition" corsa too?

It was his mum's... or so the insurance says, and I'm pretty sure the police are charging him for driving without insurance because it'd been lowered, was indeed the 'limited edition', had HID's at 8000K, typical Halford's touches and stickers too; and as such I don't think you can say it's his mum's car...

• Like 1

Sounds like he'll get done for insurance fraud too.

If it's his car and it's insured by his mum with him as additional driver and he actually owns it he'll get filleted.

• Like 1

Ha! What a tool! I thought I was a one man army, set against these corsa's. I now realise after reading this post I'm not the only one :D lol

If it's his car and it's insured by his mum with him as additional driver and he actually owns it he'll get filleted.

Yep, he was an additional driver on the policy and not a joint driver or whatever it's supposed to be; not sure his mum would have 'bang tidy' on the back window :P

I hope mum gets done as well for fronting

"Driving too far on the left" ...???...

That's a new one!!

:D

Glad you're OK and that by the sounds of it, the little sh*t who hit you has got a right ol' slap roynd the ear.

Maybe he can scrap the Corsa for spares to pay off the massive insurance hike that his Mum is about to receive?

:D :D :D

Fronting is inevitable to get done. She will be done for allowing him to drive the vehicle without insurance, and he will be done for driving it without insurance (or one would hope). Between them both, they will have to find the money to repair the road and any obstacles that were damaged. I have no doubt that he will end up with a CCJ if he wiped out another car, no insurance to pay for it and now has to find however much to repair it.

A lesson hard learned for the young boy racer!

Yep, he was an additional driver on the policy and not a joint driver or whatever it's supposed to be; not sure his mum would have 'bang tidy' on the back window :P

You should've taken the word "tidy" off when nobody was looking. It's more accurate that way.

this has got me in stiches at work!!! good effort 1 - 0 to the discovery, be honest you we sent by the corse hit sqaud to take him out ;) would love to be a fly on the wall in their house when the police marched him home to tell his mother!!! woops!! did the golf driver get anything too??

• Like 1

Been to the station today, the Golf driver is claiming the car was nicked and it wasn't him as the reg is clear as day on the CCTV - I went and confirmed it was him, seeing he stopped to look at what happened and then drove off.

His Golf was 'found' by him the morning after round the corner with no signs of forced entry...

Had a call off the insurance today (as I reported the accident the morning after even though I'm not making a claim, not much point anyway seeing there's little damage and he had no insurance) who have said the ratbag is trying to claim for injury as I stopped for no reason... he's said I came up to the traffic light and just slammed by breaks on and he went in to the back of me as he couldn't stop in time despite applying the breaks and being adequate distance - Obviously this guy thinks a red light isn't a fair reason to stop, and adequate distance is about 2 miles seeing I was stationary and he was racing his mate.

This seems odd so I'm off to the station again tomorrow, I don't see how he's managed to get to his insurance company and have them believe he was in the right when there's a police case against him breaking half of the highway code and running in me >_>

If he went into the back of you and is claiming he couldn't stop in time I'd have him for driving without due care.

Unless his brakes failed he is firmly in the wrong.

Accident investigators will check his brakes and if they are (as I suspect) in full working order he will be caned.

The phrase "When you're in the bottom of a hole stop digging" comes firmly to mind.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club