Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Link To Mk2 Focus Center Trim Removal?

simondd

Hey im looking to carbon wrap some trim in the focus prefacelift and wonered if there was a removal guide for all parts from the stereo down to the gear knob.

Also possibly removal of the 3 chrome steering wheel inserts.

and vent trims.

and advise or links to guides would be great thanks

Thanks for the link but its all but that console I wanna remove. Lol. Just the stereo suround and down. But not handbrake console.

thanks.

I'll do a full run down on stripping out the dash trims from vents to gear surround for you a bit later on when I'm at my computer.

Wow thanks stoney. That would be awesome. No rush just link me whenever. :)

No probs.

I've stripped the dash out of my car a few times so have it all in my head.

Right-

Vent removal-

post-28494-0-86698800-1389305097_thumb.j

The rings around the vents are plastic, you will see the tabs holding the parts together, just lever the rinfs off with a small screwdriver.

Radio and trim removal-

Follow the first part of this guide I made Click Here

To remove the switch panel -

You will find two Torx screws holding the panel in place once you remove the radio surround.

Undo these and the panel will come forward.

Unplug the button wiring (IMPORTANT - remember which order they were in).

Remove the buttons by pushing the small black wedges on the rear in with the end of a screwdriver and push out forwards.

The blanks just push out with pressure to the rear.

The gear stick surround is easy too, use a wide blade screwdriver between the edge closest to you (from here on referred to as the rear edge) and lever the trim up.

Pull off all round the console to release the clips.

Press the underside of the chromed gaiter trim up at the rear and pop it out of the main trim.

Unscrew the gear knob counter-clockwise and seperate the trim from the chrome surround (or as I would do- Leave the gaiter and knob in place and just manoeuvre the chrome trim through the surround) and lift the surround off.

Steering wheel inserts are straightforward-

To remove the upper ones pry them off with a screwdriver between the edge of the trims and the wheel spokes (part of the trim sits under the airbag cover but will slip out).

Lower trim is in two parts (front and rear).

The front part curves around the wheel spoke and clip over the edges of the rear trim.

Lever the front trim edges from over the rear trim and remove the rear trim first then the front, The rear trim has a plastic rod that goes right through the wheel spoke and pushes into the front trim.

iuf you don't want to wrap the wheel trims there are some very nice premade carbon effect ones on eBay, I used some and they are cracking.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-CARBON-FIBER-STEERING-WHEEL-TRIM-MK2-ST-RS-ZETEC-ST-3-TDCI-SPORT-225-/280949069192?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus&hash=item4169de9588

Refitting is obviously a reversal.

Be warned that when refitting the steering wheel trims you are likely to sound the horn. ;)

Thats brilliant thanks. Plus with the steering wheel I would buy the ready made ones but I want a blue carbon so gna do myself. Thanks so much for the info. Lengend.

Always glad to help, If you get stuck give me a shout anytime.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club