Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Mondeo Tdci Is Dead, How To Make Money Back??

leo7886

Hi all

Im newbie Martyn, so please be gentle! lol

Got a 2005 ford mondeo ghia x, done 136,500 miles.

Have been told that my diesel pump is breaking up and taking my injectors out!!

All will need refurbing, fuel lines and tank cleaned, new fuel rail, looking at £1200 plus!! :(

Due to lack of use (car sharing with the mrs) i certainly don't need a diesel. If I was using everyday etc, I would repair!

Any how, my dilemma is to scrap or strip for parts and sell, opinons please...

The car does sound like its misfiring, running noisey due to fault. Car drives fine, tho not taking over 2500rpm. As i hear this is when it goes into limp mode etc.

Autotrader value £1,825 (repaired)

Proberly worth £2,000 with upgrades, better condition etc (repaired)

Trade in value £800 - £1,000 (without knowing true fault, sold as seen, there opinoin)

Scrap value £150

Sell for spares and repairs for whole car?

Sell parts??? Has got 18inch refurbed alloys, leather/alcantra beige interoir and in tonic blue, car is in very good condition for year and mileage. How much do you peeps think I could/can get in stripping for parts?

Shame these units suffer with this fault, otherwise a really nice car!!

Opinions, advice etc welcome

If you have the space and time I would strip and sell for spares. Otherwise I would sell the whole thin on eBay as faulty and let someone else strip it.

If you have the space and time I would strip and sell for spares. Otherwise I would sell the whole thin on eBay as faulty and let someone else strip it.

+1

It's worth a lot more in spares. If you have the space, time, and motivation (which I personally haven't- I'd just off it as a non-runner to somebody who has).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club