WhiteBoy

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: T
  • Ford Model: 2009 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hey, just wondering what this actualy does: http://www.ebay.co.u...d=141158450669

I already have an AUX socket in the glovebox, What is the USB used for? I have the the Ford 600CD stereo so will this benefit me in any way?

Would be nice if i could control my iPad or iPhone via the steering wheel controls or even charge it from that.

Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 803 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Hey, just wondering what this actualy does:http://www.ebay.co.u...d=141158450669

I already have an AUX socket in the glovebox, What is the USB used for? I have the the Ford 600CD stereo so will this benefit me in any way?

Would be nice if i could control my iPad or iPhone via the steering wheel controls or even charge it from that.

Thanks.

If you want to use USB you are going to need more than that unfortunately. That is really just puts a socket in a convenient place. You would need somw kind of interface box to enable usb support. Not sure you can control an iPod via the 6000cd. Take a look at the connects 2 boxes they might do it - can't remember.

I have a Sony HU and have just forked out 200 for a novero Bluetooth/multimedia retrofit kit to enable me to get USB and a2dp streaming support

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,415 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Yep, Unless you have a radio with a USB slot in the rear that socket is of no use.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aux, usb, mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users