65thunderbird

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: virgil
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2000

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hello new on this board yet have owned 3 or 4 Mondeo's in the past and also have a 65 Ford Tbird, now if any one can point me to solving this problem please!

Car ran from picking up had work on rear callipers so sat for a few days moved on to driveway then Nothing!

Batt recharged holding 13+v all earths cleaned up, no real fuse (Aux) layout plan but have checked them all, the starter solenoid clicks when turning the key but no crank at all! I have removed and tested starter which spins and solenoid throws, cleaned commutator etc. and tried another working starter motor and solenoid still the same result. will throw and spin when bridged off the car. the engine is not seized ive turned it over, any suggestions Thank you.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,514 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

To confirm this is a MK2 mondeo?

is it a petrol or a diesel and is it the year 2000 as per your profile?

#3 65thunderbird

65thunderbird

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

It's a petrol 2.0Ltr Zetec  W reg 1st reg 20/07/2000, I have tried the starter back today checked supply cable it runs on the bench test NOT in the car tried to "jump" with my Tbird no joy and removed the Alternator lead no joy either! not sure if there is an immobilizer factory fitted or even a fuse to disable my Haynes manuals are very vague on this subject as always!

#4 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,515 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Although the battery is showing 13 volts it may not have the amperage necessary to turn the engine over. It could have a dead cell or two but still show the voltage. I would try it with a different battery or get the battery checked properly before throwing any money at it. If you do find you have to replace the battery, make sure its a silver calcium one and not lead acid. The Ford Smart Charge system will kill it in no time.

#5 65thunderbird

65thunderbird

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Thank you I will have a go with that.

#6 mick85

mick85

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

If ur gettin 12 volts down to heavy constant live it ain't immobiliser issue u wouldn get any juice down if was pats problem so with starter in car ignition on u have 12 volts to heavy wire with help of a friend crank engine are u gettin voltage goin from solenoid across the small wire to motor

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users