Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smf Conversion Mk 4 Mondeo - Yes Or No

horromark

I have recently bought a 2008 Mk4 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi 6 speed, The clutch is slipping so needs replacing, I have had some quotes :o , The Dual Mass Flywheel feels and sounds fine, but some mechanics are insisting on replacing the DMF, But at an extra £400+ its a little too much at the min, I have researched a conversion to Single Mass Flywheel, however, some are advising NOT to convert, I can see the logic (A DMF has a purpose, therefore should not be changed to single), also is it advisable not to change the CSC and replace with a 2 piece clutch?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cant comment on the CSC but single flywheels can be just as good, you suffer a little more vibration due to the nature of the SMF but it does the job well!

Hi I just had the same problem before Christmas the original dmf are not very long lasting I ended changing the clutch and dmf with luk part from euro car parts i find the cheapest good quality work done on a site called

Who can fix my car .co.uk

Mine was done for £700 and was done at my house would be worth a look for you good luck