Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Thing Happened Yesterday

tonydb

Hi guys and good morning.

Whilst driving yesterday I noticed that when in 2nd and third gear and moving ,but not accelerating the car trys to accelerate on its own a little ,like a short burst?

Now ive never owned a car with a turbo before so I don't know if this is normal?

It goes away after a few seconds or if I brake/accelerate?

Any ideas?

54 plate 1.8 lx tddi

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi guys and good morning.

Whilst driving yesterday I noticed that when in 2nd and third gear and moving ,but not accelerating the car trys to accelerate on its own a little ,like a short burst?

Now ive never owned a car with a turbo before so I don't know if this is normal?

It goes away after a few seconds or if I brake/accelerate?

Any ideas?

54 plate 1.8 lx tddi

Cheers

Totally normal. It's a good sign too, power from the engine is being transferred without enough restrictions to stall. It should happen from 1st to 3rd once the minimum speed for that gear has been reached on flat grounds. On my 1.6, 1st 5-10mph will roll without any gas, 2nd 10-15mph rolls without gas, 3rd 15-20mph without gas rolls well without kangarooing.

On my old vw polo when I first got it the car would slowly roll till it stalled. Gave it a full service, took out the throttle body and cleaned it with throttle body cleaner, cleaned up the oil breather hole and refitted the throttle body, tweaked the gas pedal cable after that the car roll without ever stalling even up slight hills, infact after that it felt like a runaway train

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club