Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boost Gauge And Usb

ryandonnachie5

Hi just a couple of things.

I am looking to put in the boost gauges in my 1.8 tdci titanium where the compartment is on the dash,does anyone know where I can get a facelift one and how easy is it to complete this mod?

Also is there anyway to fit a usb into the stereo to be able to control my ipod through?

Cheers in adavance

• Like 1

Hi just a couple of things.I am looking to put in the boost gauges in my 1.8 tdci titanium where the compartment is on the dash,does anyone know where I can get a facelift one and how easy is it to complete this mod?Also is there anyway to fit a usb into the stereo to be able to control my ipod through?Cheers in adavance

Hi,

I have fitted an st pod with boost gauge and oil pressure gauge,

Click on my aviator picture to view my profile,

On my profile is my list f guides,

Read through the list you will see the guide t fitting st pod in your focus,

Also see the guides section of the forum, Dave also known as STDCi has fitted a USB kit to his ford stereo to stream music etc.

That's great cheers for your help,i'll have a look though them, much appreciated.

No problem,

Any questions feel free to ask :)

Just a quick pointer on this... This is a mod I'd like to do myself, when the catch on my storage lid broke I bought a boost pod, but haven't bought the dash panel yet. Lenny's brilliant guide shows how to fit aftermarket gauges into the boost pod housing and the results are unbelievable, as you can see.

I have been speaking to a guy though that has managed to get the standard gauges working in a TDCi! He had to fit some extra parts like the ST turbo pipe and probably a significant bit of rewiring, but he says he's in the middle of writing up a guide on it for the forum, so watch this space!

As Lenny says, there's also a guide to fitting the Ford USB kit on here. Failing that I always thought these little USB/Aux ports which replace one of the blanks beside the screen demister switches look very tidy! Not sure how much is involved in fitting though...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2009-2011-Ford-Focus-high-quality-plastic-sound-USB-AUX-Slot-interfaces-Silver/909254989.html

• Like 1

Just a quick pointer on this... This is a mod I'd like to do myself, when the catch on my storage lid broke I bought a boost pod, but haven't bought the dash panel yet. Lenny's brilliant guide shows how to fit aftermarket gauges into the boost pod housing and the results are unbelievable, as you can see.

I have been speaking to a guy though that has managed to get the standard gauges working in a TDCi! He had to fit some extra parts like the ST turbo pipe and probably a significant bit of rewiring, but he says he's in the middle of writing up a guide on it for the forum, so watch this space!

As Lenny says, there's also a guide to fitting the Ford USB kit on here. Failing that I always thought these little USB/Aux ports which replace one of the blanks beside the screen demister switches look very tidy! Not sure how much is involved in fitting though...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2009-2011-Ford-Focus-high-quality-plastic-sound-USB-AUX-Slot-interfaces-Silver/909254989.html

Thanks Gary mate,

Id just like to add that the st boost gauge reads up to either 1.2 or 1.5bar boost,

Diesel engines run at the least 1.5 bar upwards so getting the standard gauge to operate would be nice but she'd be flying off the scale constantly :)

• Like 1

Yeah, haven't asked him yet if he managed a work around that so will be interesting to see. There was someone who fitted aftermarket gauges but kept the boost pod fascia in place on a TDCi (video on youtube and guide on here) for the OEM look, but not sure how that reads.

The ST gauge goes to 1.2bar and the RS one goes to 1.8bar so even that mightn't be much good and think they cost a fortune!

• Like 1

Yeah, haven't asked him yet if he managed a work around that so will be interesting to see. There was someone who fitted aftermarket gauges but kept the boost pod fascia in place on a TDCi (video on youtube and guide on here) for the OEM look, but not sure how that reads.

The ST gauge goes to 1.2bar and the RS one goes to 1.8bar so even that mightn't be much good and think they cost a fortune!

Yeah you would need to take a seat before I could tell you the cost of an RS pod

Cheaper to get a family of Japanese whales there another type of rare pod ;)

Fitting needles of gauges in to the st pod to make them move does look good but there readings would be as accurate as Stevie wonder threading a sowing needle,

They'll move in that direction but most likely to overshoot :)

Haha, cracker mate. You're prob right nuff anyway in terms of style over substance, unlike your set up which has both! B)

• Like 1

Haha, cracker mate. You're prob right nuff anyway in terms of style over substance, unlike your set up which has both! B)

Ah I'm just having a laugh mate, I'm not trying to blow my trumpet that's not my style,

At they end of da day, boost makes the car go, it fluctuates all the time depending on rev, gears etc.

There's many ways to achieve the results,

It doesn't need to be accurate, if I was doing it again; Id fit the cheap gauges to the needles of the existing pod gauges looks to be the best job.

to tee off for the boost gauge is simple ebnought on the 1.8tdci engines. there is a small l bend rubber pipe near to egr valve so add a t-piece to this for your boost gauge. i then ran the tube through the grommet in th bulkhead.

some pics of my set up here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46067-sals-tdci-build-thread/

i do plan to change my current set up using an android media player/custom mount but just havent had the time to do it. plus it means i will have to remove my dash trim which is stuck down using sikaflex!!!

Gary, in order for you to fit the boost gauge panel, do you need to change to rest of the dash trim?

• Like 1

Cheers everyone for the help.as for the usb music box,the one i seen on ford parts uk says it is not compatable with apple,is there one that will work with an ipod or will it have to be a usb stick?

• Like 1

Cheers everyone for the help.as for the usb music box,the one i seen on ford parts uk says it is not compatable with apple,is there one that will work with an ipod or will it have to be a usb stick?

What head unit do you have? If its a Sony and has a firmware of 05 onwards you can retrofit Bluetooth/USB support for 200 quid. I just did it myself - you can steam via an iPod as per the spec but I haven't tested as I don't own an apple device

• Like 1

Well if you are willing to spend 200, check the most recent posts in my timeline thread in my signature in my opinion its well worth it USB, bluetooth, a2dp streaming from android/apple devices.

• Like 1

Only other option is the usb music box which is USB stick only, no control/display on the head unit but you can pick up for about 80 quid

• Like 1

Yeah was looking into that but not to sure as it doesn't support apple. May be a silly question but did your head unit already have bluetooth and voice control before you fitted the bluetooth/usb support?

• Like 1

Nope the phone buttons on the head unit just muted the volume. By retrofitting the kit in my thread you add/enable it

• Like 1

If you want voice control I believe all you need is the stalk with the button. Not 100% though. I am going to pick one up and see what happens. You can still answer and end a call using the mode button on the existing remote. To be honest I aint bothered about voice control anyway but will try if I can pick up a remote for 15 or 20 quid

• Like 1

Then potentially all you need is a novero module with a USB port. Check eBay. You will be able to get one for around 100. Remove your glovebox, disconnect your existing module and connect the new one, then connect a USB mini to USB female cable and that should be it, I don't think you need anything else but could be wrong. You might need some other patch cable.

• Like 1

I would check your existing module to see if it is a novero one with a USB port- you never know. Should deffo be possible and as I say I think you just need to swap the module to one with a USB port. I know there is some config for voice recognition module in elmconfig, not sure if you would have to change that to bvc high bluetooth , voice, USB - my car seemed to select this automatically

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club