84 replies to this topic

#31 chrisp

chrisp

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hi I have voice activation/bluetooth set up but only with 3mm line in. Can I get this converted to a usb in? Cheers
Richard

No, read the top bit. It has to be installed when car is ordered, no way of doing it later on. Many topics on this if you search,

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

To add to my posts on AAC files - it is possible to convert protected AAC to MP3, and there are several very clever bits of software out there to do it.

I'll be using memory sticks I think.

#33 Bugspray

Bugspray

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta mk7
Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hi I have voice activation/bluetooth set up but only with 3mm line in. Can I get this converted to a usb in? Cheers
Richard

#34 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

As far as we know, this isn't possible. We had some forum members ask their dealer's about getting the required parts but this was a few months back and we've heard nothing from them, so I assume we can't.

#35 MarkAT2009

MarkAT2009

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

Does anyone know if you can use a memory stick in the USB connection and control it off the steering wheel?

Waiting for my Titanium to be delivered and I am undecided whether to get the cable or use a memory stick!

Cheers

#36 FezzaT

FezzaT

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

Does anyone know if you can use a memory stick in the USB connection and control it off the steering wheel?

Waiting for my Titanium to be delivered and I am undecided whether to get the cable or use a memory stick!

Cheers

Yes memory stick works, just plug it in and you can navigate through the files/folders on the dash.

#37 amyjaj

amyjaj

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

Just bought one of these as my little aux lead broke.

I got it on ebay for 4 cheeper then on the fords part site yet it from the same people and I got the necter points from shoping on ebay.

#38 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

and my dealer knew nothing about it - nor did the parts department . . . .how odd is that?

#39 MarkAT2009

MarkAT2009

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:04 AM

Yes memory stick works, just plug it in and you can navigate through the files/folders on the dash.

Nice 1 i will prob get a memory stick for it then, it might even be a bit quicker going through the music.

Cheers

#40 FezzaT

FezzaT

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

Nice 1 i will prob get a memory stick for it then, it might even be a bit quicker going through the music.

Cheers

Have had time to compare the different audio optionsn (iPod, USB and Bluetooth Streaming) and USB stick is definitely my choice, You can pick up an 8GB flash drive for under 20 quid and it works perfectly, plus you can always leave it plugged in as it doens't get in the way.

#41 TonyEssex

TonyEssex

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 (on order)

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

what format do the tracks need to be on the usb?

#42 FezzaT

FezzaT

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

what format do the tracks need to be on the usb?

All of mine are MP3, so not sure if other formats work - will try it out tomorrow and see if I can get other formats playing...

#43 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4i

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Well, when i got my Fiesta I was using a normal iPod cable to hook my iPhone up to the computer (with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable as well) and it worked fine for ages, after a while I started getting a problem where i connected it and the dash computer said 'error reading device' occasionally, so I went and bought one of the ford Y cables and its been fine for a week or so, now I just got the same error reading device!? I can't see why it can't read it even with the proper Y cable... not sure if it's something to take to the dealership?

I picked up a new Fiesta on Monday, ordered the 'Y' cable the same day & received it today. I plugged in my Ipod Classic and after a short while guess what? I had the same message 'error reading device'. Put my Wife's Ipod Nano in and the same thing happened. What's going on? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Cheers

Brian

#44 TonyEssex

TonyEssex

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 (on order)

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

I had the same problem, it seems the 'fix' is to put the usb cable in first let the ipod start up and link with the car then stick the aux cable in, since then its been fine.

very wierd

#45 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4i

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

I had the same problem, it seems the 'fix' is to put the usb cable in first let the ipod start up and link with the car then stick the aux cable in, since then its been fine.

very wierd

Thanks for that TonyEssex, will have a go at that tomorrow. Will report on the outcome. I have tried an 8GB USB stick with MP3 files on it. I just copied about six albums to it and had no probs. An 8GB Bytestor (which I have) is on sale on Amazon for 11.70. I rate these sticks very highly as I have had no problems with mine.

Cheers

Brian :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users