Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2010 Tdci, Superchips??

Mark Akers

I've finally located a superchips chip for my 95bhp 1.6 TDCi mk7 Fez.

Can anyone tell me if a) they are genuine, work and are trustworthy?

B) if you've had any experience with them, are they worth £320?

r043mo.jpg

Many thanks

Mark

I done quite a bit of research into this myself.

It turns out that superchips would be a good place to go to and are trustworthy. It depends on what dealer you go to though aswel. Seems that lots of people have used them just not so many fiestas that I have seen.

Oh right! That puts my mind to rest a bit then... I'm sure i've read they come with two maps? Eco and power, and are also reversible when it goes in to the dealer;-)

Think i'm going to have to invest in one!

Cheers

That may be the bluefin you are talking about, the handheld device, that is not compatible with the 95hp version though.

I have contacted superchips to see if it will ever be available and they basically said no...

You have to visit one of their dealers to get this done, its a ECU out job I'm sure.

So that would make these not reversible, unless you want to be taking a trip to whoever installed it anytime you need to go to the dealers.

It's a shame the bluefin isn't available for the 95hp version, I would have bought one a while a ago if it was!

Ahh no - that's rubbish then! So i'm guessing this is just a normal remap then?

Mark

If you use superchips it is always a remap whether or not you get the bluefin handset device. The handset it just a way of loading or removing the remap yourself. I would say a remap is better than a chip anyway.

I have a superchips map on my Focus ST and it is well worth it. It's been on there for at least 18 months with no issues and transforms the drive of the car. :)

Ahh no - that's rubbish then! So i'm guessing this is just a normal remap then?

Mark

For the 95hp version it is just a normal remap yes, the bluefin would have the same map just a different way of uploading it

If you use superchips it is always a remap whether or not you get the bluefin handset device. The handset it just a way of loading or removing the remap yourself. I would say a remap is better than a chip anyway. 

I have a superchips map on my Focus ST and it is well worth it. It's been on there for at least 18 months with no issues and transforms the drive of the

car.  :)

That's good to hear - what gains you seen? You rolling road'd it yet?

I understand all it does is loads a map on but i'd prefer that and having the option to choose eco / power! Depending on mood;-)

I can't find anywhere to map it round here (scunthorpe) for a reasonable price! The thought of them having to remove the ECU and split it adds at least £250 on!

I haven't had it on a rolling road but most people seem to think that a reasonable stage 1 map on an st should see anywhere between 250bhp and 270bhp. I'm not massively worried about numbers but I have to say it was a day and night difference when I installed it. Totally transformed the car. The car also has a K&N panel filter plus a de-resonated standard exhaust so I'm loving the way it drives and sounds right now :D

Got any videos/pics?

Mines got a pipercross panel filter, custom powerflow cat-back exhaust (engine wise) wanting a map. Little grumble but nothing major due to DPF:-(

• 3 months later...

Did you get the fiesta superchipped? Looking to do mine and need some feedback.

That's good to hear - what gains you seen? You rolling road'd it yet?

I understand all it does is loads a map on but i'd prefer that and having the option to choose eco / power! Depending on mood;-)

I can't find anywhere to map it round here (scunthorpe) for a reasonable price! The thought of them having to remove the ECU and split it adds at least £250 on!

Whether you get a Bluefin or take the car to Superchips you olly grt one map - its normally a perforformance map (a significant power increase) but with a little bit better MPG too (on a turbodiesel- on a petrol turbo it is often less MPG)

With the Bluefin you get a handset that you can switch between the 1 performance map or the stock map that was already on the car. Upto 1 year from purchase, you can get updates, or they can modify the performace map to suit your needs (eg, if you feel you coukd have a little bit more power, or there is too much smoke, or to suit other modifications ) you may be able to tranfer it to another car if you change your car within the year

I have a modified car, and the normal thing would have been to have a custom remap, with rolling road etc , instead i bought a Bluefin, i had been using a DTUK tuning box before that (turned up for maximum acceleration) compared to the tuning box, the (stock bluefin for a car like mine, but designed for a stock car ) blufin did not gave as much bottom end grunt as the tuning box i contacted Bluefin and they uploaded a 2nd map to my handset (over the net) the 2nd map was better but still short of the tuning box for bottom end, (put the top end power was better than the tuning box) i contacted Superchips again, they said the map was set to reduce smoke on acceleration, i said i was not bothered (no smoke no poke!) and wanted the maximum potential from the map, this 3rd revision was loaded on the car and the bottom end power was just shy of the tuning box but the midrange and top end were very strong/ better, with immense top end power (realative to stock) at the time i put the car on an independant dyno and the power was up from 113Hp to over 160, the power / torque band is much wider, with the power band extended below and above stock, the engine/ car has had more work and is quicker still - this in not all because of Superchips/ bluefin but a large part

So the Superchips guys were very helpful, The handset comes with a handy code reader and i can remove the performance map anytime (for example, if its snowing i detune the engine, or if i have a fault/ problem, or for the MOT/ if im getting work done on the car)

So i can highly recommend Superchips,

Here is the power/ torque curves for your Festa -

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/Fiesta16TDCi95ps.pdf

the power starts increasing beyond the stock power from below 2k, with a flawless curve (almost a straight line upto 4k) with a significant 26Hp increase - the difference in the torque curve is marked, with the Superchips map increasing, from 2 to 4k (rather than decreasing, as in the stock map) with a massive increase at about 4k, this will make a huge difference to the way the car goes, it will feel a lot more powerful, you would not believe the difference the Superchips remap would make to this engine (results differ, sometimes there is just a small difference, especially on NA(Naturally Asperated/ non turbo) cars)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club