AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

scottf

Help Xr3I Lights Not Working Help

6 posts in this topic

Can you help chaps. Got an xr3i 1987 The rear lights not working. Not getting any voltage to either light, tried swapping relays plus checked all fuses but with no luck :( is there anything to try before looking at getting the fuse box renewed as that is the last thing I want to have done. But I know these cars are renowned for faulty fuse boxes. Thanks

Rear lights on ours stopped working because all the metal circuit leading to the bulb holder (and around the bulb holder) had become corroded.

But I guess you checked that if you've been over it with a multimeter?

Yes tried that cheers There is no power getting to the plug so must be a switch, connector or something wrong with the fuse box :(

Yes tried that cheers There is no power getting to the plug so must be a switch, connector or something wrong with the fuse box :(

Oh okay, worth trying the obvious anyway :)

are you getting live power on the supply side at the fuse box?

Havnt tried tbo fuse box is a pain can't get into as the cables are really short and have no play so can't get room to test anything :/. Unless there is an easier way ???