• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Baz1912

Baz1912

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 2.0 Tdci Zetec-S
Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

I have read on several forums about EGR Blanking. What are the benefits of doing this and under what circumstances should it be done ?

Cheers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mike4369

mike4369

Mike

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Mk4 Mondeo 2.2 TDCI TitX Sport Estate
  • Year: 2008
Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

I have read on several forums about EGR Blanking. What are the benefits of doing this and under what circumstances should it be done ?

Cheers.

All the evidence is inconsistent some say it works others say it causes problems with the ECU so I've come to the conclusion that a good clean now and then and leave it alone is all it takes. Its the driving technique which counts - otherwise get it remapped for what sort of performance you want.

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

All the evidence is inconsistent some say it works others say it causes problems with the ECU so I've come to the conclusion that a good clean now and then and leave it alone is all it takes. Its the driving technique which counts - otherwise get it remapped for what sort of performance you want.

EGR blanking is really usually done cos if the valve sticks open you'll get poor response and it will smoke like hell. It doesnt really increase performance noticeably. Blanking could give issues with failing emissions on the MOT test.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users