Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Key

Kingston5

Hi all, was wondering if I could ask for some help please!

I have an 11 reg mk.7 fiesta that came with two remote flip keys (blip keys they're sometimes known as!), but I've lost one of them. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm never going to find it again and so need to look at buying a new one.

I've had a look at eBay and you can get a flip key for £6/7 but I don't think these are remote keys.

I don't really want to go through ford as I got quoted nearly £150 (!!!!) and I'm sure it can be done cheaper. My thinking at the moment is to buy a key, get it cut at Timpsons or somewhere, and then get it programmed.

But any advice on any stages of that would be massively appreciated, as currently my internet searches are coming up blank!

Thanks

Best advice - Call a mobile auto locksmith, they can do the work for less. I got a flip key cut and coded by them for about £130, plus they removed about 5 other keys programmed to the car, so only mine would work.

Give Timpsons a miss, they refuse to cut eBay keys as they reckon the blades are too tough for their dainty little machines.

Buy a complete and new key off eBay then as jeebs says call a couple of auto locksmiths for quotes.

Actually £150 from Ford is not bad, I was quoted £260 and I got mine in the end for a lot less (£60) but that was mates rates.

yeah, for me Ford wanted £180, so for the price I paid it was a fair deal.

Just phone around a few auto locksmiths, and quote them a few less quid than the last person offered, some might offer to match the quote or beat it if they want your business!

Best advice - Call a mobile auto locksmith, they can do the work for less. I got a flip key cut and coded by them for about £130, plus they removed about 5 other keys programmed to the car, so only mine would work.

Was the key you got a genuine ford part or a copy? Looking to get a genuine ford key - I know it will raise the price though

Genuine Ford Key.

The mobile locksmith had this one in his van, he knocked £20.00 off, as it was loose in the bottom of his box, was a tiny bit scuffed (barely noticeable) and out of a bag, so couldnt sell as brand spanking new, just brand new!

£60 for the key and £70 for the effort.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club