Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Arm Rest

FordNewbies

Ok so I've seen a few past posts about people saying they wanted to fit armrest.

I was wondering if anyone actually got round to it. if so how did they go about it....

Equipment

Possible guides

difficulty level

time frame taken.

Thanks in advance.

P.S for those that read previous thread. I nearly have my car back... YAY ME!!!

Although this may not be the exact arm rest you're looking for it gives you a rough idea on how difficult it is to fit and also what you all need to carry out the task. In my opinion it looks rather easy to fit, despite that the arm rest displayed in the video looks rather ugly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzaI9Ch-us

I have he one from boomerang, would not buy again.

Its not tight and firm, its bouncy. Also the cupholder is also loose and slides forward when i brake hard.

Have heard at the one from Armster is better.

• Like 1

I have he one from boomerang, would not buy again.

Its not tight and firm, its bouncy. Also the cupholder is also loose and slides forward when i brake hard.

Have heard at the one from Armster is better.

Sounds like you got a dodgy one, mine didn't have those problems. The reason I recommend the Boomerang one is as it bolts on to the floor using existing holes is so sturdy whereas the ones that screw in to cupholders wobble as the centre console is flimsy.

The best arm rest by far for me is the genuine ford fiesta polytec armster arm rest it suits the car loads looks like the rest of interior after I saw one in 2012 in this wide arch TGST fiesta that made me wanna get one

Right so a few moths ago I find one on amazon and order it from ford Allen parts ... This is what I got instead the pelican one . Posted it straight back as I think it was awful and got my money back (see pic of what I ordered and what is actually received - terrible thing!! ) they say even though they still list them on amazon ect they don't have them in stock so send out the pelican required 5 holes to be drilled out of my center console and these metal pop stud things hold it place . You get instructions to fit one . Bit I'm going to track down the polytec armster for my car via my local ford dealer soon ....post-27159-0-00695100-1389835595_thumb.j

Typical Allen Ford.

They don't have a good reputation on this club.

I've been looking at getting one of those cheepish ones on eBay from Germany I think.

They just fit inside of the original cup holder, I'm sure I heard somewhere that they were good

I've been looking at getting one of those cheepish ones on eBay from Germany I think.

They just fit inside of the original cup holder, I'm sure I heard somewhere that they were good

Mine snapped in half when I leant on it.

Mine snapped in half when I leant on it.

Oh dear...possibly not then

I could swear I heard somewhere that they were quite good though haha

thanks for the replies guys, ill let you all know what i buy and how i get on.

thanks for the replies guys, ill let you all know what i buy and how i get on.

please do would like one myself but rather not pay 80£+ for one cheapo over here haha

• 4 months later...

These aftermarket ones can block the handbrake too. To be honest I have got used to not having one now and it's important to me not to have anything that is in the way of the handbrake so check that before you buy. There was one which even said you needed to raise it every time you wanted to use the brake which would be crazy in normal use. A bit drastic but you could try replacing the centre console with the new one that has the integral arm rest.

I really fancy an armrest but even after seeing all these examples I have no idea what to go for! Haha

These aftermarket ones can block the handbrake too. To be honest I have got used to not having one now and it's important to me not to have anything that is in the way of the handbrake so check that before you buy. There was one which even said you needed to raise it every time you wanted to use the brake which would be crazy in normal use. A bit drastic but you could try replacing the centre console with the new one that has the integral arm rest.

I've got an aftermarket one in at the minute but just thought this one looked a little better. My current cheap eBay one still gives plenty of access to the handbrake and I never have to raise it up between the seats, (although then again driving an auto, I only apply the handbrake when I'm getting out the car/parking).

When the facelift Fiesta came out I briefly thought of switching the entire console but the new built in armrest is very short, (more like an elbow rest), probably purely so it couldn't be complained about for getting in the way of the handbrake.

Plus I don't think I'll be doing anything major to the car now, as I'd quite like a new Focus mk3.5 - finances permitting lol.

:)

I really fancy an armrest but even after seeing all these examples I have no idea what to go for! Haha

The Boomerang one is the most sturdy and can apparently withstand a toddler crawling over it moving from the front seats to the back or vice-versa. I've been happy enough with my cheap eBay one though for the last few years. Its done the trick comfort wise, and has been handy for putting all my bits and bobs in.

You should look into getting an armrest. They make a nice little addition.

All the pics I have seen show them in the way of the handbrake unless your seat is well forward (no good for me!) so would be good to see your setup.

All the pics I have seen show them in the way of the handbrake unless your seat is well forward (no good for me!) so would be good to see your setup.

First pic in this thread is my current one >>> http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/24172-armrest-for-fiesta-mk7/

Right so is that offset towards the passenger seat? If so that would explain it.

Right so is that offset towards the passenger seat? If so that would explain it.

No, no, its totally centred. The angle you reach down for the handbrake does have to change a little, but after two or three days of having the arm rest in it just became the norm.

Probably best to try before you buy if you ever come across someone with one in, plus as I said I only apply my handbrake once each journey (when getting out) so its never got in my way.

:)

Yep ok thanks just wondered. Probably no good for me as I use mine a lot in traffic etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club