2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,676 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Don't suppose anyone has this new one from EuroParts?
http://www.european-...products_id/957

armrest_2.jpg

armrest2_silver.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 SandyCat

SandyCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Name: Rick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

These aftermarket ones can block the handbrake too.   To be honest I have got used to not having one now and it's important to me not to have anything that is in the way of the handbrake so check that before you buy.     There was one which even said you needed to raise it every time you wanted to use the brake which would be crazy in normal use.   A bit drastic but you could try replacing the centre console with the new one that has the integral arm rest. 

#18 tom_d

tom_d

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2012

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

I really fancy an armrest but even after seeing all these examples I have no idea what to go for! Haha

#19 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

These aftermarket ones can block the handbrake too.   To be honest I have got used to not having one now and it's important to me not to have anything that is in the way of the handbrake so check that before you buy.     There was one which even said you needed to raise it every time you wanted to use the brake which would be crazy in normal use.   A bit drastic but you could try replacing the centre console with the new one that has the integral arm rest. 

I've got an aftermarket one in at the minute but just thought this one looked a little better. My current cheap ebay one still gives plenty of access to the handbrake and I never have to raise it up between the seats, (although then again driving an auto, I only apply the handbrake when I'm getting out the car/parking).

When the facelift Fiesta came out I briefly thought of switching the entire console but the new built in armrest is very short, (more like an elbow rest), probably purely so it couldn't be complained about for getting in the way of the handbrake.
Plus I don't think I'll be doing anything major to the car now, as I'd quite like a new Focus mk3.5 - finances permitting lol.
:)

I really fancy an armrest but even after seeing all these examples I have no idea what to go for! Haha

The Boomerang one is the most sturdy and can apparently withstand a toddler crawling over it moving from the front seats to the back or vice-versa. I've been happy enough with my cheap ebay one though for the last few years. Its done the trick comfort wise, and has been handy for putting all my bits and bobs in.
You should look into getting an armrest. They make a nice little addition.

#20 SandyCat

SandyCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

All the pics I have seen show them in the way of the handbrake unless your seat is well forward (no good for me!) so would be good to see your setup.

#21 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

All the pics I have seen show them in the way of the handbrake unless your seat is well forward (no good for me!) so would be good to see your setup.

First pic in this thread is my current one >>> http://www.fordowner...for-fiesta-mk7/

#22 SandyCat

SandyCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

Right so is that offset towards the passenger seat?  If so that would explain it.

#23 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

Right so is that offset towards the passenger seat?  If so that would explain it.

No, no, its totally centred. The angle you reach down for the handbrake does have to change a little, but after two or three days of having the arm rest in it just became the norm.

Probably best to try before you buy if you ever come across someone with one in, plus as I said I only apply my handbrake once each journey (when getting out) so its never got in my way.

:)

#24 SandyCat

SandyCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

Yep ok thanks just wondered.  Probably no good for me as I use mine a lot in traffic etc. 

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Armrest, Arm, Rest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users