Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

4 posts in this topic

I have new alloys waiting to go on my Mk2 Focus, the existing ones are 16"x6.5J, with an offset of 52.5... The tyres are 205/55/R16

The new ones however, are 18"x8J with an offset of 40. The Alloys themselves should fit, but if I were to put on 225/40/R18 tyres which I hope to do... Would they rub the suspension? Bit of a specific question but i'm hoping at least one of you can help me! Thanks!

i think youll find they will fit, as the rs focus mk2 has 18" alloys as standard, and ford will still use the same body / chassis layout for all the mk2 focus so id say youd be good to go :) if you put in on youtube, ford focus tranformation part 1, a guy changed his for the same as the ones your getting and they fiited fine,

heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDK5xlsBj4

18x8 should be fine, but if you plan on lowering it's advised to fit the steering rack limiter kit to prevent rubbing. I have 18x8 genuine ST alloys, lowered about 40mm, and my driver's front wheel rubs on the arch liner on full left lock. Doesn't bother me much so I still haven't fitted the rack limiter kit. Had aftermarket 18x7.5 on it when I got it and they had no issues whatsoever with rubbing, even with it lowered.

Just a quick note on the RS...pretty sure they were 19x8.5 fitted as standard, but Ford do an 18x8 version of them too. Also think the suspension etc was a completely different set up and obviously wings/arches were flared too to help fit the width. Not meaning to be pedantic or anything by the way, just a heads up to be careful if looking at RS parts! ;)

Ford manual recommends 225/40R18 for the mk2.5. As its pretty much the same car as the mk2, it should be fine, but id advise you to check your owners manual under the wheels/tyres section.