SamBerry

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec
  • Year: 2007

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

I have new alloys waiting to go on my Mk2 Focus, the existing ones are 16"x6.5J, with an offset of 52.5... The tyres are 205/55/R16

The new ones however, are 18"x8J with an offset of 40. The Alloys themselves should fit, but if I were to put on 225/40/R18 tyres which I hope to do... Would they rub the suspension? Bit of a specific question but i'm hoping at least one of you can help me! Thanks!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 D13 HPD 95

D13 HPD 95

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,582 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 1.25
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

i think youll find they will fit, as the rs focus mk2 has 18" alloys as standard, and ford will still use the same body / chassis layout for all the mk2 focus so id say youd be good to go :) if you put in on youtube, ford focus tranformation part 1, a guy changed his for the same as the ones your getting and they fiited fine,

heres the link

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7BDK5xlsBj4

#3 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

18x8 should be fine, but if you plan on lowering it's advised to fit the steering rack limiter kit to prevent rubbing. I have 18x8 genuine ST alloys, lowered about 40mm, and my driver's front wheel rubs on the arch liner on full left lock. Doesn't bother me much so I still haven't fitted the rack limiter kit. Had aftermarket 18x7.5 on it when I got it and they had no issues whatsoever with rubbing, even with it lowered.

Just a quick note on the RS...pretty sure they were 19x8.5 fitted as standard, but Ford do an 18x8 version of them too. Also think the suspension etc was a completely different set up and obviously wings/arches were flared too to help fit the width. Not meaning to be pedantic or anything by the way, just a heads up to be careful if looking at RS parts! ;)

#4 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 755 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ford manual recommends 225/40R18 for the mk2.5. As its pretty much the same car as the mk2, it should be fine, but id advise you to check your owners manual under the wheels/tyres section.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alloys, tyres, modification, size, unsure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users