Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

johnnybhoy

brake problems

7 posts in this topic

I have a 2006 focus zetec tdci with all round disc brakes. The problem I have is after braking repeatedly (in town conditions) the brake pedal becomes firm and I seem to be getting brake drag. The car will still roll but not as freely as it should. The brakes return to normal after parking for a few minutes. Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong.

I have a 2006 focus zetec tdci with all round disc brakes. The problem I have is after braking repeatedly (in town conditions) the brake pedal becomes firm and I seem to be getting brake drag. The car will still roll but not as freely as it should. The brakes return to normal after parking for a few minutes. Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong.

my first thought would be the vacuum pump not being able to keep up, can be quite common on some diesel engined cars

Thanks for your input. I take it the pump helps improve braking, in this case the brakes work ok, it's just that they don't fully release. Although the pedal feels hard, it dosen't take any more effort to stop.

it could be a sticking caliper that requires cleaning and some copper grease.

The car is booked into the dealers for a check on whether the vacuum non return valve has been replaced.(This should have been done as a ford recall). I will post how how I get on.

The car is booked into the dealers for a check on whether the vacuum non return valve has been replaced.(This should have been done as a ford recall). I will post how how I get on.

My dealer phoned to say said the car was not on recall but the guy advised checking the connections around the servo. I did this and i got a qtr turn on one of the connections , hey presto no more brakes sticking.

On hindsight I won't overlook the obvious in future.

My dealer phoned to say said the car was not on recall but the guy advised checking the connections around the servo. I did this and i got a qtr turn on one of the connections , hey presto no more brakes sticking.

On hindsight I won't overlook the obvious in future.

nice one johnnybhoy, glad to hear it was just a simple loose connection