Do Not Sell My Personal Information

brake problems

johnnybhoy

I have a 2006 focus zetec tdci with all round disc brakes. The problem I have is after braking repeatedly (in town conditions) the brake pedal becomes firm and I seem to be getting brake drag. The car will still roll but not as freely as it should. The brakes return to normal after parking for a few minutes. Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong.

I have a 2006 focus zetec tdci with all round disc brakes. The problem I have is after braking repeatedly (in town conditions) the brake pedal becomes firm and I seem to be getting brake drag. The car will still roll but not as freely as it should. The brakes return to normal after parking for a few minutes. Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong.

my first thought would be the vacuum pump not being able to keep up, can be quite common on some diesel engined cars

Thanks for your input. I take it the pump helps improve braking, in this case the brakes work ok, it's just that they don't fully release. Although the pedal feels hard, it dosen't take any more effort to stop.

it could be a sticking caliper that requires cleaning and some copper grease.

The car is booked into the dealers for a check on whether the vacuum non return valve has been replaced.(This should have been done as a ford recall). I will post how how I get on.

• 3 months later...
The car is booked into the dealers for a check on whether the vacuum non return valve has been replaced.(This should have been done as a ford recall). I will post how how I get on.

My dealer phoned to say said the car was not on recall but the guy advised checking the connections around the servo. I did this and i got a qtr turn on one of the connections , hey presto no more brakes sticking.

On hindsight I won't overlook the obvious in future.

• Like 1

My dealer phoned to say said the car was not on recall but the guy advised checking the connections around the servo. I did this and i got a qtr turn on one of the connections , hey presto no more brakes sticking.

On hindsight I won't overlook the obvious in future.

nice one johnnybhoy, glad to hear it was just a simple loose connection

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club