Gavinski

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Ka
  • Year: 2001

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Hello, I am not sure if I am writing into the correct place here... Just thought I would have to find out the issue. 

Right here we go! :

Everytime I take a big journey in my little ford ka 2001 MK1, It's fine (if I am on the motorway) although if & when I drive on normal roads my car makes a weird annoying THUD sound, It sometimes come from the back sometimes comes from front (drivers side) and sometimes kind of in the middle) 

It's a weird one I know.. it also kind of drags the steering a bit (not drags but I can feel it in acceleration peddle) It's annoying it is not the suspension (I have had it looked at & fixed there was an issue with the suspension but not no more but still getting thud) 

Has anybody got any ideas of the issue I have taken it to local garage but they've checked everything they said everything seems to be as normal... they said it is nothing dangerous, but it doesn't matter if its dangerous or not... it's annoying...

If you need anymore information I will try and let you know... although I am not good with cars... kind of very useless... but I will try and answer anything that anybody needs to know about. 

Thank you. Gavin. 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,608 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

thuds like that might be the CV joints. Have you had these checked?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ka, ford, problem, bang, thud, broken, annoying, sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users