Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger Front Electric Window Issue

fugee

Hi all, just joined the forum hoping to get some advice from the collective knowledge base.

I have a 2010 Fiesta which has developed a passenger electric window issue. The window cannot be lowered nor raised using the passenger switch alone, however, the driver's switch for the passenger window does operate the window. Further to that, if I lower the window using the driver's side switch, I can then use the passenger's switch to raise it. So, i have come to the conclusion that the motor is ok, but the switch might be faulty. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

no the electric windows, i had problem with my drivers side electric and i just reset it an now its fine

A guy names MarksST answered to this problem on the electric fault post pinned to the top and his answer was

'Open and close the window but keep the button pressed in for a few seconds when it is fully closed, this should reset the one touch.

When you fit the deflectors the object detection sensors cut in, which is why they need resetting. '

I think maybe I did try this before, but that was when I was sorting out the one touch operation... the fact is, the left hand side window doesn't go up and down when using the passenger switch, but works perfectly when using driver side.... it's really annoying.

After trying various resets, I took the switch out and had a fiddle with it. The tiny rocker contacts just aren't up to the job, so weren't making proper contact. I went on eBay and bought a replacement, stuck it in, all good. I'm afraid you may have to the try the same thing. Now I just have to figure a way to mend the driver's side windscreen heated element!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club