Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Would You Consider Fast? 70Mph - 80/100/130/150/200Mph?

FOCA

Well, we have had the 70mph motorway speed limit since 1968, cars have changed a lot since then, and 70mph is a very slow speed, 47 years later, for a modern car

But - what do you consider fast?

and what would be regarded a quick 0-60mph?

off road, of course!

• Like 1

I have gone off 'fast' cars as such, I'm more interested in 'fast' bikes these days. That said, I would never go back to a small engine again!

So given the top speed of a 1000cc super bike, I would consider 200mph as 'fast'! A quick 0-60 for me is around or less than 3 seconds

• Like 1

I'd probably say 110+ but then it depends on the car! When I was in FIL's M3 round Spa Francorchamps doing 140mph it felt like nothing. When I'm in the bfs RS doing 140mph (obviously not on the roads :ph34r:) again it just feels like nothing.

When I maxed out my car at 135mph it felt like a little bullet, same as doing 90mph in a KA (which felt more like hurtling along the motorway in a tin can but you know).

I don't know it's weird lol :wacko:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I would consider 120mph as fast,

But for me consistent speed at 120 or any high speed doesn't give me the rush,

Its more the acceleration in getting up to 120,

When 120 has been achieved for me its time to slow down and go again.

In response to stef there

Id love a bike mate either Yamaha R6 then when Id masters that Id really wet my pants on an R1

But Id be dead, Id go too hard

I've settled for Yamaha designed carbs instead ;)

• Like 1

It puts the limit into perspective when my 1.4 fiesta has no problem in sitting at 90 or a 100 maybe more with another lump of lead in the work boots.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I agree that its the acceleration that gives the rush not the top speed, nothing better than a kick in the backside and watching everyone disappear in your rear view mirror. Not that I get much of that in my 1.6 focus :lol:

• Like 2

I agree that its the acceleration that gives the rush not the top speed, nothing better than a kick in the backside and watching everyone disappear in your rear view mirror. Not that I get much of that in my 1.6 focus :lol:

Same here :lol: that's why I like Sundays :lol: all the grannys on the motorway make me feel king :lol:

Only joking

• Like 2

I think 70 is fast enough for road travel and as said by lenny straight line top speed isn't as exciting.

My zs may certainly isn't the fastest car on the road however between corners others disappear

• Like 1

I think

My zs may certainly isn't the fastest car on the road however between corners others disappear

That's the best bit about my little zs. She's so quick in the corners it's unreal! Can very nearly keep up with the bfs RS that has double the hp o_o

And straight line acceleration is only good if you have great torque to pull you forward! Mine doesn't accelerate very quickly lol

• Like 2

Although cars are now capable of doing double that speed, the problem is the human reaction time - which if anything has got worse due to all the driving aids!

If we did go to a higher limit i would let the immature side of me blast past it occasionally. But have you seen the difference in economy a few mph makes at the 60-80 mark? ..that would put me off a bit

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Ford OC mobile app

In response to stef there

Id love a bike mate either Yamaha R6 then when Id masters that Id really wet my pants on an R1

But Id be dead, Id go too hard

I've settled for Yamaha designed carbs instead ;)

The Yamahas are lovely bikes.

Given the 0-100mph time of the R1 or any similar super bike, of around 5 seconds, that's what does it for me. Giving a guy in a Ferrari a face to match his car is always something to knock his smug look off! Like you say though, brown bread is an easy option but it's a great buzz!

I agree with the above comment though, although cars have become much more capable of higher speeds, some if the drivers out there should be lucky if they are allowed to drive something as fast as a mobility scooter!

When I have a lurking doubt in my mind that I would not be able to stop if faced with an emergency!

Also although cars have improved I think the roads haven't or at least they've got worse again to save money. I also think with large and slow moving vehicles makes it more dangerous with a bigger speed difference, and of course careless drivers who don't bother to use those reflective things called mirrors or those blinkers lol

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Speed is relevant to the road and conditions. 30mph is too fast when you hit another car head on down a country lane. 70mph is slow on an empty motorway but not when its a busy motorway.