Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simple question Wheelie

wilbyforce

How likely is it that 16" 5 spoke alloys from a Galaxy will fit a C-Max with the same sized rims? I've seen a set for sale but have no idea if they have the same hub (without looking of course!).

Hi

What year is your Cmax? The 06/2003-04/2007 models have a slightly different offset and wheel size to the latest 04/2007 onwards models. And what year Galaxy are the wheels you are buying from as they changed offset etc after 2005.

As far as i can tell they all have the same 5 stud pattern so physically they may fit but the slight differences in offset may affect the handling and eventually cause premature wear on your wheel bearings and may also rub on your bodywork at full lock etc. Also any differences in rolling diameter would affect your speedometer reading.

Personally i have fitted the 18" titanium X 7 spoke alloys from the mondeo / also available for the cmax as an accessory from ford (same part number) and there are plenty about on eBay (cheaper). I paid £300 for a set of 4 unmarked with conti sport contact tyres hardly worn!! They make the car go round corners like its on rails especially if you fit the upgraded Eibach sport springs available from ford for £121 inc vat. I also recommend fitting Koni FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) shockers @ £460 set of 4 as these actually improve the comfort of the ride even with the 18" low profile whees/tyres and stop nearly all body roll on corners (mine drives and handles suberb now). ;)

Hi

What year is your Cmax? The 06/2003-04/2007 models have a slightly different offset and wheel size to the latest 04/2007 onwards models. And what year Galaxy are the wheels you are buying from as they changed offset etc after 2005.

As far as i can tell they all have the same 5 stud pattern so physically they may fit but the slight differences in offset may affect the handling and eventually cause premature wear on your wheel bearings and may also rub on your bodywork at full lock etc. Also any differences in rolling diameter would affect your speedometer reading.

Thanks very much for that info Dickster555, my C-Max is on an 05 plate but I don't know the year of the donor car. Looks like I need to do some homework :)

Hi No problem,

You may find this link - Ford ebrochure download site useful for selecting and identifying ford wheels. Download the pdf accesories catalogue from the link on the page and the ones that fit your cmax (and mine) are on page 20. The ones i fitted are part number 1314915 (7 spoke anthracite 18" - the paint on the inside of the wheel matches my bodywork) which happen to be fitted standard on the Mondeo Titanium X model which there are alot of around, so secondhand prices are generally cheaper, hope this helps you decide. Any of the wheels on that page should fit correctly. I would have attached the brochure but there is a 2mb filesize limit :(

PS the brochure mentions a steering rack limiter should be fitted for these wheels, i haven't fited one and even with the suspension lowered haven't had any clearance issues on full lock or being driven hard