Do Not Sell My Personal Information

59 Plate Fiesta Heater Resistor Location

naffygetter

I have a UK 59 plate (2010 model) Fiesta RHD econetic diesel. Recently the heater fan has stopped working on switch positions 1-3, which I have diagnosed as a failed heater motor resistor. I have got a new resistor but now need to find where it is to do the swap. I thought it was behind the glove box- as shown/discussed in various web posts. However I can't see it.

Can anyone give me a detailed description (or even a picture) of where it is?

Thanks in advance for the help.

its at the foot well behind the glove box "I think." had same problem my dad looked yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now managed to find it and change it. I hope this will help any others that need to replace the resistor.

First where is it? On my 59 plate, RHD Fiesta Mk7, it is on the passenger (near) side but hard to find.

How to get at it? I had to remove the trim below the glove box. There are 2 black pull-out toggles that secure it and then it slides foward and can be removed. Next, I had to remove the trim that runs fore and aft, on the side of the centre console, just above the carpet. post-50108-0-76115700-1391379271_thumb.j There is one black plastic plug (oddly has a phillips screw head but doesn't unscrew) that pulls out. If you can, pull the middle out and then it comes out easily. If you can't get the centre out it will pull out but care is needed. Then there are clips at the rear end of the panel (below and a bit back of the gear lever) taht also pull out. Take care to ease them out.

Note that you do NOT need to take the glove box out.

Once the panel is off, you can see the resistor. It is well forward, and hard to see (let alone to get at). This shows where it is post-50108-0-33580400-1391379293_thumb.j and this shows it a bit better post-50108-0-33716500-1391379313_thumb.j. This last one shows it in close up post-50108-0-53157300-1391379259_thumb.j.

Once you can see it, there are just the 2 torx screws to remove the resistor, unclip the connector block connect a new one and then put it back - replace the trim and it's all done.

It sounds simple but is a struggle to get in there and be able to see what you are doing.

I hope all this helps some other Fiesta owner. Given the history of faults on this component, it seems odd that Ford continue to use and to put it in such a difficult position.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Mine is on the drivers side ,very awkward to gain access and reach ,advice welcome HELP!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club