I Have Made My Own Hands Free ..... Total Cost 8 Pounds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tarmacman

tarmacman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

couldnt afford to have a hands free installed so I made my own.

I bought a pc conference microphone and 3.5mm audio splitter from maplin . I already had a standard audio lead. removed glovebox in my focus removed av socket , plugged standard av lead into it and fed wire behind dashboard and out into storage area under stereo . Stuck microphone on to dash with supplied small sticky pad , fed wire into same storage area . connected both wires to splitter , single jack end in to phone ( iphone 5s ) I have enough wire to put phone pretty much wherever i want , and when not in use the wire is stored out of sight behind the storage area door. Works great (have to have stereo on aux , but that doesnt bother me as i always listen to music from iphone anyway ) incoming calls come through the speakers and i have auto answer active on my phone so it automatically answers after 3 rings. Totally hands free. probably been done before , but well proud of myself lol. The microphone is very small and unobtrusive but is great , i dont even have to raise my voice !

saved a packet !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 adambell

adambell

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Titanium X Business Edition
  • Year: 2014

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

Well done, fantastic little mod for owners on a budget.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users