Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot's

darrenshaggy

hi all i had mot done when he was moting the car he pulled my rear arch lining back and found 2 holes in arches ive since been told that he wasnt allowed to pull back the linings is this the case also he told me to weld the holes and wasnt allowed to put seats back or carpet till hes inspected it but you can see it from the out side aswe cut rusty section out if he wasnt is there any documentation on it

sorry for long essa

if the tester has seen rust near a structural point on the car from underneath he can pull back the liner to take a closer look as it would be dangerous not to and yes he will need the seat and carpet left out so he can inspect the welding as it should be double welded ie underneath and inside and he will check the quality of the welding once thats inspected you need to seam seal the repair inside and underseal the underside

Wether he,s allowed to or not I,d personally have a safe car on the road don't care what they find on mine so long as I know they have done a proper inspection as that's what the mots there for .

Wether he,s allowed to or not I,d personally have a safe car on the road don't care what they find on mine so long as I know they have done a proper inspection as that's what the mots there for .

There is a lot of "jobsworth" and "red tape" stuff that has nothing to do with safety involving MOTs,(and more coming as time goes on) ive seen death traps pass and good cars fail because of stupid things.

To give you an example - you can't fit an ST225 twin exhaust to your car because you are not allowed to cut your spare wheel well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club