• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WelshAde

• BenW

• jayb

• Jonny87

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe thats exactly what happened, they sent your car to another dealer by mistake

Just found out today there is a 15 weeks delay on Fiesta 17" alloy's.

6-8 weeks estimate, not taking into account the delays :(

Sorry to pass on the bad news, but like you was told 6-8 weeks, Im passed week 7 now and still no build date and just been told why! doh!

Amazing car though, you've got a good'un there :)

Ben

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I ordered a zetec s 1.6 petrol in frozen white on the 31st March with the following spec:

[*]Heated front screen

[*]Bluetooth voice control with usb

[*]Street pack

[*]Side skirts

[*]Automatic lights & wipers

[*]Climate control

[*]Alloy pedal covers

[*]Scuff plates

I became concerned though with the above post about the 15 week delay for the 17" wheels so phoned my dealer today. He confirmed my car had a build date of the 20th of May and that it didnt say anything about any delays on the system. He said my car was in the planned stage which means all parts had been allocated and it is just waiting to be built. Not sure why yours is taking so long.

well, i went to the dealer today and he said that he's not heard anything about the alloy excuse?

he looked on his system and there was no mention of it?

Thank you for checking this out WelshAde, i'm glad that this seems to be yet more dealer BS.

BenW, what is your take on this?

We have moved production to Italy but as the speghetti trees are out in full fruit all the roads are blocked and cant get the cars through.

Run out of paint (any colour)

only have rear seats in stock

only have front seats in stock

dont have any seats at all

no air for the airbags

godzilla ate the factory

this is a ROVER dealership

we only have wheels that fit left hand drive cars

Kristal

Wonderful! Maybe the next excuse will be swine flu! or maybe SARS, bird flu, cat flu, rats in the factory....................................

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I ordered a zetec s 1.6 petrol in frozen white on the 31st March with the following spec:

[*]Heated front screen

[*]Street pack

[*]Side skirts

[*]Climate control

[*]Alloy pedal covers

[*]Scuff plates

I became concerned though with the above post about the 15 week delay for the 17" wheels so phoned my dealer today. He confirmed my car had a build date of the 20th of May and that it didnt say anything about any delays on the system. He said my car was in the planned stage which means all parts had been allocated and it is just waiting to be built. Not sure why yours is taking so long.

20th May

EXCELLENT!!! Thats the same date as mine, thanks for posting that! I'm more confident about my build date now!

Maybe 20th May is a right-hand-drive making day. This is indeed a good sign, how long did your dealer estimate for delivery?

20th May

EXCELLENT!!! Thats the same date as mine, thanks for posting that! I'm more confident about my build date now!

Maybe 20th May is a right-hand-drive making day. This is indeed a good sign, how long did your dealer estimate for delivery?

Great news!! Im more confident about mine as well now but hoping it comes forward and gets built a few weeks early cause i have heard of that happening.

Could well be!! what colour did you order? My dealer originally said second week of May but now saying the system says it will be with the dealer by the end of May so 8 weeks which aint too bad.

nice one, almost same spec as what i ordered, whats cliamte control, i thought zetec s had air con as standard? or is climate control the electronic version of air conn?

nice one, almost same spec as what i ordered, whats cliamte control, i thought zetec s had air con as standard? or is climate control the electronic version of air conn?

Yea its the electric version of air con and there is one sitting at my dealer but not got climate control or alloy pedals which is annoying. What delivery estimate did your dealer give you?

Great news!! Im more confident about mine as well now but hoping it comes forward and gets built a few weeks early cause i have heard of that happening.

Could well be!! what colour did you order? My dealer originally said second week of May but now saying the system says it will be with the dealer by the end of May so 8 weeks which aint too bad.

:D :D :D :D

Brilliant. Yeah my dealer was telling me that some of the cars that get ordered turn up a couple of weeks early. I've ordered a black titanium Really looking forward to getting it, i've never had a brand new car before :)

I'll probably be so happy when it arrives that i'll drive for a thousand hours!

:D :D :D :D

Brilliant. Yeah my dealer was telling me that some of the cars that get ordered turn up a couple of weeks early. I've ordered a black titanium Really looking forward to getting it, i've never had a brand new car before :)

I'll probably be so happy when it arrives that i'll drive for a thousand hours!

Yea lets just hope ours are early. Good choice though, i was going to get black but had two black cars already so wanted a change.

You and me both, think i will put a lump of money to one side for petrol!!

jay, all he said was 6-8 weeks at the moment, but he did say that there were no diesels about with the spec i wanted, but petrol will be fine,?

jay, all he said was 6-8 weeks at the moment, but he did say that there were no diesels about with the spec i wanted, but petrol will be fine,?

Oh when did you order yours? my dealer did say i was quite lucky cause i had one of there pre-allocated cars. I drove both and preferred the petrol and was looking at the mountune upgrade so went for that.

mine was ordered friday, the salesman is a friend of mine since childhood so i can trust him and believe what he says, i went in today for a walk as its only 300 yards from my house, he had a nice focus zetec s delivered with a bodykit on it, in black and i tell you it looked really smart.

mine was ordered friday, the salesman is a friend of mine since childhood so i can trust him and believe what he says, i went in today for a walk as its only 300 yards from my house, he had a nice focus zetec s delivered with a bodykit on it, in black and i tell you it looked really smart.

Should get a build date in a few weeks then but hopefully yours is not delayed like a few of the other horror stories. Yea they are nice but the new one is out next year which put me off and i prefer the fiesta.

yea, i liked the new fiesta more, ive allready had 4 focus's so ive had my fill of the focus lol

Hi all,

[*]Heated front screen

[*]Street pack

[*]Side skirts

[*]Climate control

[*]Alloy pedal covers

[*]Scuff plates

Hummm, well mine was ordered 6th March and as of last week no build date. Dealer logged onto their tracking system on fords website infront of me where i can see my car confirmed but awaiting build date allocation. So i know I have no issues other than it taking so long with ford, but was told delay in place with the 17" wheels.

Though if your build date correct it a lot sooner than what others are currently getting? So bit confusing. I have no reason to doubt my dealer or his source of information as they have done enough to prove their trustworthy.

Great build you got, hope all your details are accurate and u get it soon :)

Thank you for checking this out WelshAde, i'm glad that this seems to be yet more dealer BS.

BenW, what is your take on this?

lmao, no clue. Im not confortable saying its my dealer BS as i seriously dont doubt the information they have got or where got it from. An "admin" kinda bloke who was authorising/accepting orders placed told my salesperson about the wheels. My salesperson said he pointed it out on the system. What systems, whos it was was not mentioned. Just on the PC screen, saying a 15 week delay on certain builds with the 17" wheels.

My car is from a large reputable dealer and they have given me enough to prove my order status. after they rang ford to confrim my order, its status changed to a priority one, which again was shown to me on fords order status site (the dealer log into ford's site as a customer to see their order's).

The info they gave me explains why mine and others cars are delayed, though as my titanium has the 17"'s as an extra the Zetec S which has them as standard might get priority???? However looking at info shown to me, when i get a build date I would expect it to be within a 2 week period! (as per again what ive been told and i have no doubt in that,.. yet).

either way will be interesting to see exactly how long mine takes, as unless im being presumptious, its the longest one waiting a build date :P

the longer they take to build t the more care they will take meaning u will get a car with better build quality......... ;)

Hummm, well mine was ordered 6th March and as of last week no build date. Dealer logged onto their tracking system on fords website infront of me where i can see my car confirmed but awaiting build date allocation. So i know I have no issues other than it taking so long with ford, but was told delay in place with the 17" wheels.

Though if your build date correct it a lot sooner than what others are currently getting? So bit confusing. I have no reason to doubt my dealer or his source of information as they have done enough to prove their trustworthy.

Great build you got, hope all your details are accurate and u get it soon :)

oh i have heard of dealers holding back orders and not putting them through for weeks in order to meet quotas so maybe that is what has happened with yours. Unless i was just lucky that they allocated my parts early on but as you ordered three weeks before me, you should have your car within the next week or so if you go by my timescale.

I also saw my order on the system and could see my build date of 20th May but he said this could also come forward by a few weeks. He did also say that it would be lit up red if there were any problems or delays with the order so was yours like this?

Thanks though :) i cant wait to get it

maybe thats right jay, maybe the dealer had to fill his quota anmd kept a few aside to balance it out??

maybe thats right jay, maybe the dealer had to fill his quota anmd kept a few aside to balance it out??

Yea i think so cause seems a bit extreme to still be waiting for a build date after 8 weeks. Might be that the order was only put through 3 weeks ago which would make it after mine. The wheels could then of gone out of stock after my parts had been allocated. Quite bad if that is the case though, im sure the dealer can provide evidence of when the order was actually placed.

oh i have heard of dealers holding back orders and not putting them through for weeks in order to meet quotas so maybe that is what has happened with yours. Unless i was just lucky that they allocated my parts early on but as you ordered three weeks before me, you should have your car within the next week or so if you go by my timescale.

I also saw my order on the system and could see my build date of 20th May but he said this could also come forward by a few weeks. He did also say that it would be lit up red if there were any problems or delays with the order so was yours like this?

Thanks though :) i cant wait to get it

what have you ordered exactly? model, extras?

Also who yor order it from? I can therefore provide such details to my dealer and an attempt to suggest mine is taking longer than other dealers orders. Though I cant see how that's possible.

ben

Cant see that being even beneficial? They meet quota's yes, but all it means when you hold an order back till next month is that you've done worse the previous one. I cant see dealers actually doing this. I got a good deal on my car and I know they get more out of having the order than the actual profit they make.

Someone on who knows the system properly must be able to dispute that. I would not believe that for one minute. I work in retail and it just does not make sense to do things like that to achieve KPI's (key performance indicators/quota's). Not logical at all.

anyway... reads on...

Yea i think so cause seems a bit extreme to still be waiting for a build date after 8 weeks. Might be that the order was only put through 3 weeks ago which would make it after mine. The wheels could then of gone out of stock after my parts had been allocated. Quite bad if that is the case though, im sure the dealer can provide evidence of when the order was actually placed.

Yup, i know I placed the order on the 6th of March, but it was not on fords system untill the 7th the next day. On order screen in back and white. Order status confirmed straight away... only change was when status changed to dealer priority 1. Again, verified and seen by myself...

To me there is no way my dealer would have rang ford after the 7th and asked to "hold" up my order. Also it would not explain how I got an estimated delivery date of 15th May on my order confirmation sheet, where by that estimate is calculated by fords orders/delays/turnaround time (at the time of order).

what have you ordered exactly? model, extras?

Also who yor order it from? I can therefore provide such details to my dealer and an attempt to suggest mine is taking longer than other dealers orders. Though I cant see how that's possible.

ben

I ordered a zetec s 1.6 petrol in frozen white with the following:

• heated front screen
  • bluetooth voice control with usb
  • street pack
  • side skirts
  • automatic lights and wipers
  • climate control
  • alloy pedal covers

I ordered it from Haynes in Kent and think it is worth chasing it up again and i saw my build date on the system of 20th of May and was told it could come forward a couple of weeks as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club