#16 BenW

BenW

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Naaa, i ent being fobbed off.
My saleman found out infront of me when he was chasing/authorising a new car order. He said ford have told them/now showing on their system ford have a 15 week delay on fiesta's when you have the 17" wheels.

Hes kept me up to date when ever I've asked anything and he was not fobbing me off, as he knows I'm happy as long as im in the loop either way. Obviously they dont want to be advertising they have delays but they do!!

For example I know for a fact the ford KA has a 6month delay!!! Order from christmas are only just being built now! My mate has just bought one and his estimated delivery date is end of October, which suitable him as he got a good deal and time to save for a big deposit.

I was not fobbed off im afraid to say, and mine and other's who's car's were ordered a couple of months ago that still do not have build dates... it kinda makes sense now.

Fiesta's without the 17" 's are still a 6-9 week turnaround.
Dealers cant magic up some wheels, they are only told whats what from ford, which they have rang about my order twice. Firstly to make sure order has gone through and no issues and secondly to make it a dealer priority build. so meh.

Im reasonably happy, at least can forsee something in 6weeks-ish time and have time to possibly put more cash down on it.

It's not an extended 15 week delay, its a 15week turnaround. So i should be getting a build date in about 2 weeks and estimate get the car in about 4 after that.

Ben

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

It's not an extended 15 week delay, its a 15week turnaround. So i should be getting a build date in about 2 weeks and estimate get the car in about 4 after that.

Ben

After popping in to see my dealer on Friday, while I was waiting for Noddy (Janet's Sportka) I was talking to the owner who was telling me that factory lead times are getting longer for the new Fiesta because of its popularity.

That, coupled with the economic recession, is bound to slow down the output of cars to the dealers so I guess that you are all going to experience some delays along the line.

Mind you, if they get any longer, I might as well order my ST or RS now so that if / when they do bring them out I won't have to wait too long!!! :lol: :lol:

#18 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Name: Adrian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S - Black
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

hmmm, well ill go in tomorrow and see if he can get me some more info, if he states a 15 week delay then i might cancel the car and get something else, i cant wait no longer than the 6-8 weeks .

#19 BenW

BenW

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, sorry matey. Im on week 8 now and no build date cus of the delay.
As said, might be worth changing the order for the 16" wheels if possible? But personally, i dont want to do that. And as said I'll get a couple more pay days than i initially expected so can put more money down so it suits me fine.

Keep us posted

#20 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

yea, if its bad news then i'll cancel anf get something else, i need a car for work so i cant wait longer than the 8 weeks, i live in a very small coastal town and the only jobs are miles away, im getting my licence back in about 6 weeks so it would of been good timing,

#21 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

I doubt welshade your car will come in 6-8 weeks anyway, wait seems to be ages at the moment!

#22 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

might have to have a re-think and maybe get a focus instead, but there is a fiesta in stock at the dealers with the exact same spec but not in black

#23 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

hmmm, well ill go in tomorrow and see if he can get me some more info, if he states a 15 week delay then i might cancel the car and get something else, i cant wait no longer than the 6-8 weeks .

I look forward to hearing what your dealer has to say... If my car takes 15 weeks to build I will not only be without a car for a month and a half, but I will also miss a family wedding.

To be honest, from what I have been hearing this is just another excuse in a long line of bullsh*t that people have been fed from their dealers, from memory this is what we have had so far...

-No Wheels
-Tyres run out
-Sent to wrong country
-Ford changing hauliers
-Truck drivers striking
-Too much spec
-Run out of display screens
-All 3 doors and titaniums are delayed coz they are most popular

There have been a few more but I cannot remember the rest atm.

Question: Why haven't any two people been give the same reason/excuse?

I have a strong feeling its because dealers are making up any old story that comes to mind to get disgruntled customers off the forecourt.

My dealer has told me that my car is delayed, but he didn't bother making up a story

#24 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

well, i went to the dealer today and he said that he's not heard anything about the alloy excuse?
he looked on his system and there was no mention of it?

#25 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

-No Wheels
-Tyres run out
-Sent to wrong country
-Ford changing hauliers
-Truck drivers striking
-Too much spec
-Run out of display screens
-All 3 doors and titaniums are delayed coz they are most popular

There have been a few more but I cannot remember the rest atm.

We have moved production to Italy but as the speghetti trees are out in full fruit all the roads are blocked and cant get the cars through.

Run out of paint (any colour)

only have rear seats in stock

only have front seats in stock

dont have any seats at all

no air for the airbags

godzilla ate the factory

this is a ROVER dealership

we only have wheels that fit left hand drive cars

Kristal

#26 JAR897

JAR897

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 Titanium 1.6 TiVCT

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

Ha ha.. sounds about right.

We made your car, but then we lost it.

#27 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

maybe thats exactly what happened, they sent your car to another dealer by mistake

#28 jayb

jayb

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: MK 7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Just found out today there is a 15 weeks delay on Fiesta 17" alloy's.
6-8 weeks estimate, not taking into account the delays :(

Sorry to pass on the bad news, but like you was told 6-8 weeks, Im passed week 7 now and still no build date and just been told why! doh!
Amazing car though, you've got a good'un there :)

Ben

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I ordered a zetec s 1.6 petrol in frozen white on the 31st March with the following spec:
[*]Heated front screen
[*]Bluetooth voice control with usb
[*]Street pack
[*]Side skirts
[*]Automatic lights & wipers
[*]Climate control
[*]Alloy pedal covers
[*]Scuff plates

I became concerned though with the above post about the 15 week delay for the 17" wheels so phoned my dealer today. He confirmed my car had a build date of the 20th of May and that it didnt say anything about any delays on the system. He said my car was in the planned stage which means all parts had been allocated and it is just waiting to be built. Not sure why yours is taking so long.

#29 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

well, i went to the dealer today and he said that he's not heard anything about the alloy excuse?
he looked on his system and there was no mention of it?

Thank you for checking this out WelshAde, i'm glad that this seems to be yet more dealer BS.

BenW, what is your take on this?

We have moved production to Italy but as the speghetti trees are out in full fruit all the roads are blocked and cant get the cars through.

Run out of paint (any colour)

only have rear seats in stock

only have front seats in stock

dont have any seats at all

no air for the airbags

godzilla ate the factory

this is a ROVER dealership

we only have wheels that fit left hand drive cars

Kristal

Wonderful! Maybe the next excuse will be swine flu! or maybe SARS, bird flu, cat flu, rats in the factory....................................

#30 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I ordered a zetec s 1.6 petrol in frozen white on the 31st March with the following spec:
[*]Heated front screen
[*]Bluetooth voice control with usb
[*]Street pack
[*]Side skirts
[*]Automatic lights & wipers
[*]Climate control
[*]Alloy pedal covers
[*]Scuff plates

I became concerned though with the above post about the 15 week delay for the 17" wheels so phoned my dealer today. He confirmed my car had a build date of the 20th of May and that it didnt say anything about any delays on the system. He said my car was in the planned stage which means all parts had been allocated and it is just waiting to be built. Not sure why yours is taking so long.

20th May

EXCELLENT!!! Thats the same date as mine, thanks for posting that! I'm more confident about my build date now!

Maybe 20th May is a right-hand-drive making day. This is indeed a good sign, how long did your dealer estimate for delivery?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users