#31 jayb

jayb

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: MK 7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

20th May

EXCELLENT!!! Thats the same date as mine, thanks for posting that! I'm more confident about my build date now!

Maybe 20th May is a right-hand-drive making day. This is indeed a good sign, how long did your dealer estimate for delivery?

Great news!! Im more confident about mine as well now but hoping it comes forward and gets built a few weeks early cause i have heard of that happening.

Could well be!! what colour did you order? My dealer originally said second week of May but now saying the system says it will be with the dealer by the end of May so 8 weeks which aint too bad.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Name: Adrian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S - Black
  • Year: 2010

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

nice one, almost same spec as what i ordered, whats cliamte control, i thought zetec s had air con as standard? or is climate control the electronic version of air conn?

#33 jayb

jayb

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

nice one, almost same spec as what i ordered, whats cliamte control, i thought zetec s had air con as standard? or is climate control the electronic version of air conn?

Yea its the electric version of air con and there is one sitting at my dealer but not got climate control or alloy pedals which is annoying. What delivery estimate did your dealer give you?

#34 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Great news!! Im more confident about mine as well now but hoping it comes forward and gets built a few weeks early cause i have heard of that happening.

Could well be!! what colour did you order? My dealer originally said second week of May but now saying the system says it will be with the dealer by the end of May so 8 weeks which aint too bad.

:D :D :D :D

Brilliant. Yeah my dealer was telling me that some of the cars that get ordered turn up a couple of weeks early. I've ordered a black titanium Really looking forward to getting it, i've never had a brand new car before :)

I'll probably be so happy when it arrives that i'll drive for a thousand hours!

#35 jayb

jayb

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

:D :D :D :D

Brilliant. Yeah my dealer was telling me that some of the cars that get ordered turn up a couple of weeks early. I've ordered a black titanium Really looking forward to getting it, i've never had a brand new car before :)

I'll probably be so happy when it arrives that i'll drive for a thousand hours!

Yea lets just hope ours are early. Good choice though, i was going to get black but had two black cars already so wanted a change.

You and me both, think i will put a lump of money to one side for petrol!!

#36 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

jay, all he said was 6-8 weeks at the moment, but he did say that there were no diesels about with the spec i wanted, but petrol will be fine,?

#37 jayb

jayb

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

jay, all he said was 6-8 weeks at the moment, but he did say that there were no diesels about with the spec i wanted, but petrol will be fine,?

Oh when did you order yours? my dealer did say i was quite lucky cause i had one of there pre-allocated cars. I drove both and preferred the petrol and was looking at the mountune upgrade so went for that.

#38 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

mine was ordered friday, the salesman is a friend of mine since childhood so i can trust him and believe what he says, i went in today for a walk as its only 300 yards from my house, he had a nice focus zetec s delivered with a bodykit on it, in black and i tell you it looked really smart.

#39 jayb

jayb

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:28 PM

mine was ordered friday, the salesman is a friend of mine since childhood so i can trust him and believe what he says, i went in today for a walk as its only 300 yards from my house, he had a nice focus zetec s delivered with a bodykit on it, in black and i tell you it looked really smart.

Should get a build date in a few weeks then but hopefully yours is not delayed like a few of the other horror stories. Yea they are nice but the new one is out next year which put me off and i prefer the fiesta.

#40 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

yea, i liked the new fiesta more, ive allready had 4 focus's so ive had my fill of the focus lol

#41 BenW

BenW

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I ordered a zetec s 1.6 petrol in frozen white on the 31st March with the following spec:
[*]Heated front screen
[*]Bluetooth voice control with usb
[*]Street pack
[*]Side skirts
[*]Automatic lights & wipers
[*]Climate control
[*]Alloy pedal covers
[*]Scuff plates

I became concerned though with the above post about the 15 week delay for the 17" wheels so phoned my dealer today. He confirmed my car had a build date of the 20th of May and that it didnt say anything about any delays on the system. He said my car was in the planned stage which means all parts had been allocated and it is just waiting to be built. Not sure why yours is taking so long.

Hummm, well mine was ordered 6th March and as of last week no build date. Dealer logged onto their tracking system on fords website infront of me where i can see my car confirmed but awaiting build date allocation. So i know I have no issues other than it taking so long with ford, but was told delay in place with the 17" wheels.

Though if your build date correct it a lot sooner than what others are currently getting? So bit confusing. I have no reason to doubt my dealer or his source of information as they have done enough to prove their trustworthy.

Great build you got, hope all your details are accurate and u get it soon :)

#42 BenW

BenW

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

Thank you for checking this out WelshAde, i'm glad that this seems to be yet more dealer BS.

BenW, what is your take on this?

lmao, no clue. Im not confortable saying its my dealer BS as i seriously dont doubt the information they have got or where got it from. An "admin" kinda bloke who was authorising/accepting orders placed told my salesperson about the wheels. My salesperson said he pointed it out on the system. What systems, whos it was was not mentioned. Just on the PC screen, saying a 15 week delay on certain builds with the 17" wheels.

My car is from a large reputable dealer and they have given me enough to prove my order status. after they rang ford to confrim my order, its status changed to a priority one, which again was shown to me on fords order status site (the dealer log into ford's site as a customer to see their order's).

The info they gave me explains why mine and others cars are delayed, though as my titanium has the 17"'s as an extra the Zetec S which has them as standard might get priority???? However looking at info shown to me, when i get a build date I would expect it to be within a 2 week period! (as per again what ive been told and i have no doubt in that,.. yet).

either way will be interesting to see exactly how long mine takes, as unless im being presumptious, its the longest one waiting a build date :P

#43 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

the longer they take to build t the more care they will take meaning u will get a car with better build quality......... ;)

#44 jayb

jayb

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

Hummm, well mine was ordered 6th March and as of last week no build date. Dealer logged onto their tracking system on fords website infront of me where i can see my car confirmed but awaiting build date allocation. So i know I have no issues other than it taking so long with ford, but was told delay in place with the 17" wheels.

Though if your build date correct it a lot sooner than what others are currently getting? So bit confusing. I have no reason to doubt my dealer or his source of information as they have done enough to prove their trustworthy.

Great build you got, hope all your details are accurate and u get it soon :)

oh i have heard of dealers holding back orders and not putting them through for weeks in order to meet quotas so maybe that is what has happened with yours. Unless i was just lucky that they allocated my parts early on but as you ordered three weeks before me, you should have your car within the next week or so if you go by my timescale.

I also saw my order on the system and could see my build date of 20th May but he said this could also come forward by a few weeks. He did also say that it would be lit up red if there were any problems or delays with the order so was yours like this?

Thanks though :) i cant wait to get it

#45 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

maybe thats right jay, maybe the dealer had to fill his quota anmd kept a few aside to balance it out??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users