Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium vs Zetec S

JAR897

Zetec S or Titanium  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car overall?

• Titanium X
    • Zetec S

Funny every road test I have read has said that the ZS suspension is too hard and makes the car skip about when going round corners - and it has the same engines as the Titanium's so now power advantage

I know which one I would prefer . . . . :P

Actually all reviews minus one (i think from autocar or CAR) said the Zetec-S is the most fun version of the new Fiesta and that it feels great. Suspension is supposed to be a bit stiff since its tuned for sporty handling. Power is the same, yes

haha dan you go on about this car that much, yes its your new car your going to be excited but, i have to ask is this car like a extension of your !Removed!? before you get on your high horse its just a question.

You have an interesting way of talking to people you don't know don't you?

I don't need an extension to my !Removed!, nor do I view the car as such.

The best bit is Dan that those guys who they reckon have !Removed! issues and used their cars as some sort of textension tend to drive Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc., etc., etc. type of cars. A Fiesta is a small city(ish) tye pf car so if anything it means you are more than happy with what your packing and don;'t need to over-compensate with your car.

Having said that, not sure what that says about BigFordFan who brought it up in the first place . . . and by his very name BigFord - it does make you wonder!?!?! :lol:

having a zetec s i would say that the titanium is better value for money if you like your goodies,you would think that the zetec s would be at least the same spec as a zetec plus sporty add ons but its not,you dont get the ambient lighting ie footwell lights, submarine lighting, map lights etc,you dont get the silver instrument bezel,quickclear is not standard either,though you get an alarm,sport apearance pack minus diffuser and side skirts a drivers seat that goes lower,stiffer steering,lower springs an stiffer dampers and sportyish seats,so really the zetec s unless you raid the options list is for the money very spartan on kit

having a zetec s i would say that the titanium is better value for money if you like your goodies,you would think that the zetec s would be at least the same spec as a zetec plus sporty add ons but its not,you dont get the ambient lighting ie footwell lights, submarine lighting, map lights etc,you dont get the silver instrument bezel,quickclear is not standard either,though you get an alarm,sport apearance pack minus diffuser and side skirts a drivers seat that goes lower,stiffer steering,lower springs an stiffer dampers and sportyish seats,so really the zetec s unless you raid the options list is for the money very spartan on kit

Have to agree that the ZS is very stingey when it comes to its standard kit - if they want to make a sporty car, and charge te same price increase as with the Titanium, then you would expect to have nicer toys or engine modes than they provide

• 2 weeks later...
Funny every road test I have read has said that the ZS suspension is too hard and makes the car skip about when going round corners - and it has the same engines as the Titanium's so now power advantage

I know which one I would prefer . . . . :P

Could be down to the rolling resistance tyres? I know that when I took the zs for a test drive that it was ALOT firmer, but my cars fine now, very smooth and great round corners. Brsides who cares about ride comfort when your young haha. Your just showing your age now lol.

Now I have got my car I would have to say that the best is a kitted up Titanium . . . in Squeeze Green of course to add to the 'WOW' factor!

The titanium is obviously higher specced, however I wanted the sportier car so went for te zetec s. It handles better, has better steering and better seats imo. Both nice cars though :)

The steering on the Titanium and the Zetec S is identical. There is an article floating around in at least one magazine that claims that the Zetec S has a different set of settings for its electronic steering - it is incorrect.

Ah fair enough, I though I'd read it in the fordcbrochure but I could well be mistaken! Just better seats and handling then :P lol.

To be honest ford have been pretty tight not including the ambient lighting, that would have finished it of nicely IMO.

I find the ambient to be a bit of a waste of time tbh - I have it off most of the time anyway.

I also don't fit in the sports seats owing to the fact that I'm too wide :lol:

And as for the handling - the Titanium setup is 'optimal', to quote the project manager of the Mk7 Fiesta project, Darren Palmer, so :P back atcha.

I find the ambient to be a bit of a waste of time tbh - I have it off most of the time anyway.

I also don't fit in the sports seats owing to the fact that I'm too wide :lol:

And as for the handling - the Titanium setup is 'optimal', to quote the project manager of the Mk7 Fiesta project, Darren Palmer, so :P back atcha.

I agree Dan--congrats on your "promotion" to super mod though.......well done that man!

Any way my tit handles as well as any zetec s............... ;)

I agree Dan--congrats on your "promotion" to super mod though.......well done that man!

Any way my tit handles as well as any zetec s............... ;)

Two questions

Is the titanium ride and suspension setup any different from the other models apart from Zetec s?

Does the Montune package include lower springs on the titanium so that the ride height and firmness matches the Zetec S?

The Titanium setup is the same as every other models other than Zetec S.

The Mountune package doesn't change the suspension at all - you'd have to add the Eibach spring package, which is also Ford approved.

HP - thanks :)

The Titanium setup is the same as every other models other than Zetec S.

The Mountune package doesn't change the suspension at all - you'd have to add the Eibach spring package, which is also Ford approved.

HP - thanks :)

Had my Tit 1day now and its everything and more than I expected.

The ride is fantastic just the right side of firm and not to soft, after having a Mini with rock hard ride its great, I dont have to avoid every tiny hole or bump in the road anymore.

As for Titanium Vs ZS ,Titanium for me, you can make a Titanium into a ZS but its alot harder the other way round

i have an interesting way of talking to people and what is that suppose to mean i was just asking a question in general is there something wrong with that?

The best bit is Dan that those guys who they reckon have !Removed! issues and used their cars as some sort of textension tend to drive Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc., etc., etc. type of cars. A Fiesta is a small city(ish) tye pf car so if anything it means you are more than happy with what your packing and don;'t need to over-compensate with your car.

Having said that, not sure what that says about BigFordFan who brought it up in the first place . . . and by his very name BigFord - it does make you wonder!?!?! :lol:

ha ha up dans !Removed! a little ha ha sorry had to say it

paul you know i love you :P :P

Had my Tit 1day now and its everything and more than I expected.

The ride is fantastic just the right side of firm and not to soft, after having a Mini with rock hard ride its great, I dont have to avoid every tiny hole or bump in the road anymore.

As for Titanium Vs ZS ,Titanium for me, you can make a Titanium into a ZS but its alot harder the other way round

Am I right in saying the only things the titanium has that isn't available on the zetec s is cruise

control and ambient lighting? And are the sports seats and suspension the only things not available on the titanium? (Not including aftermarket springs like eibachs)

The Titanium also has the front splitter and the Zetec S has the switch to turn off the ESP. I don't think there's anything else...everything else such as the AAC and the powerfold mirrors can be spec'd on the Zetec S, it's just not standard.

Oh - and don't forget the chrome! :lol:

The Titanium also has the front splitter and the Zetec S has the switch to turn off the ESP. I don't think there's anything else...everything else such as the AAC and the powerfold mirrors can be spec'd on the Zetec S, it's just not standard.

Oh - and don't forget the chrome! :lol:

And one very big thing your all missing you cant get a 5door ZS, Ive got 3 kids and although it is very rare we all go out in the car together ime sure they wouldnt like it if I went for the 3dr

• 1 month later...

I went for the Titanium in Tango red (works best with the chrome along with Avalon Blue and the green/yellow metallic can't remember the name). I could have had a zetec S in white with the side skirts (is that the street pack?). I didn't have much choice at the car supermarket and the Zetec s would have won except it was £2000 pound more than the Titanium and had over 14,000 miles campared to the less than 4,000 on the Titanium The cars were the same age from Jan 2009.

I have the Tech pack fitted from new and although I thought the Keyless stuff was a bit of a gimmick once you get used to it (i.e not spending 5 mins looking for the key and ignition lock) it does end up becomming strangely comforting that somehow you are at one with the car. I find this response rather odd for me not really being a car person as cars to me are just a means to move about and not objects of desire.

Although at the time it was irrelevent in my choice the Cruise Control has proved to be the most useful feature ever and was worth every penny of the purchase for me. I have seen Cruise control before on hire cars but never really bothered with it much, but after 3 weeks try and take it off me now and I will rip your arms off.

This is a bit of a long way of saying I would go for the Titanium.

Who the hell wants a titanium it reminds me of a grannys car!!! soft suspension 1 button start who cares its all about the fun and the frill of the drive and the zetec s provides just that :D getting the 1 button start is just lazy and for me it would feel toooo wierd getting in the car and not having the feel of that key turning and hearing your car raw!!!!!! Also having Zetec S printed on the back of your fiesta looks so much better then having Titanium on there.

Sorry this is just my oppinion suspose every1 has the right to have on ay :P... so as you probly guessed i would go for the zetec s :):) due to its superb sporty looks its well handling sports suspension, sport seats. and having the option to have ESP.

P.S i think the chrome looks a bit tacky for me.....

... so as you probly guessed i would go for the zetec s :):) due to its superb sporty looks .....

Look at mine and tell me it does not look the mutts nutts?

• 3 weeks later...

true the key fob has to be in the car for the engine to start it will also auto lock and only re-open when fob is by door when entry attempted (this is how it worked with mine anyway). top gear has been scripted for several years now and it has become boringly predictable, still watch it but dont see the point in the set up pointless tasks/trips.

Who the hell wants a titanium it reminds me of a grannys car!!! soft suspension 1 button start who cares its all about the fun and the frill of the drive and the zetec s provides just that :D getting the 1 button start is just lazy and for me it would feel toooo wierd getting in the car and not having the feel of that key turning and hearing your car raw!!!!!! Also having Zetec S printed on the back of your fiesta looks so much better then having Titanium on there.

Sorry this is just my oppinion suspose every1 has the right to have on ay :P... so as you probly guessed i would go for the zetec s :):) due to its superb sporty looks its well handling sports suspension, sport seats. and having the option to have ESP.

P.S i think the chrome looks a bit tacky for me.....

I agree totally. Pretty much same reasons why I got a ZS and not a Titanium. Although, de-badging the Titanium part would solve that problem. :P

Also an excuse to join the ZSOC forum! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club