Titanium vs Zetec S

JAR897

Zetec S or Titanium  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car overall?

• Titanium X
    • Zetec S

The titanium is ace for what you pay tbh...but it has replace the 'Ghia'

Now although T I T A N I U M sounds much better than Ghia, still reminds me of a Ford Fiesta Ghia!

And I look at it this way....

Granny goes to buy nice new Fiesta coz her mk4 Ghia is getting on a bit...

OOO, see's a Titanium, very nice, eeerrr, see's Zetec S, thinks dont want that, that doesnt look sensible, too young and hip and fun for me.

No matter what engine/power add ons...

Titanium=granny

ZetecS=no granny

:lol: IMO of course, but it is a poll!

The titanium is ace for what you pay tbh...but it has replace the 'Ghia'

Now although T I T A N I U M sounds much better than Ghia, still reminds me of a Ford Fiesta Ghia!

And I look at it this way....

Granny goes to buy nice new Fiesta coz her mk4 Ghia is getting on a bit...

OOO, see's a Titanium, very nice, eeerrr, see's Zetec S, thinks dont want that, that doesnt look sensible, too young and hip and fun for me.

No matter what engine/power add ons...

Titanium=granny

ZetecS=no granny

:lol: IMO of course, but it is a poll!

Afternoon piggy :) Titanium hasn't replaced Ghia as both trim levels are available on other models such as the Mondeo. Titanium has more of a hi-tech spec. Where as the Ghia has always been about the Luxury trim, wooden dash, leather and the like.

Also neither the Titanium Or The ZetecS are granny!!!!

Unless of course you are talking about "Bad-Grandma's" the ones who bust moves to shock ya

Grannys are far more likely to get a Studio or a Style, the ones who win a bit of money on the bingo might get a Style+

Afternoon piggy :) Titanium hasn't replaced Ghia as both trim levels are available on other models such as the Mondeo. Titanium has more of a hi-tech spec. Where as the Ghia has always been about the Luxury trim, wooden dash, leather and the like.

Also neither the Titanium Or The ZetecS are granny!!!!

Unless of course you are talking about "Bad-Grandma's" the ones who bust moves to shock ya

Grannys are far more likely to get a Studio or a Style, the ones who win a bit of money on the bingo might get a Style+

Every granny I know buys a Nissan Micra or a Honda Jazz!

both great cars up to the individual,but i went for the z-s because of the sports suspension

it would be interesting to see the ages of those who bought a zs compared to those that bought a titanium. if i was 10years younger i would have picked the zs but now I'm older with kids i found the extras in the tit more appealing over the looks of a zs. i find the zs has the looks of a very tidy and proficient little hot hatch but in reality i think it may look better than it is (performance wise) given the limitations of the 1.6 engines compared to other hot hatches. maybe this is why so many have chosen to remap/tweak them? i may be wrong of course but as i said if i was 10years younger id have had the zs. can someone do a poll for this?

I love the way that the Zetec-S on Ford's line-up is usually kept at the end, after the Titanium. Kind of makes it special. :P

I love the way that the Zetec-S on Ford's line-up is usually kept at the end, after the Titanium. Kind of makes it special. :P

yip until the st or rs arrives then where will it be ;) :P

• 2 months later...

I love it when someone resurrects a really old thread. This one's a classic - I must've read it about 10 times when deciding whether to get a Tit or ZS!

I love it when someone resurrects a really old thread. This one's a classic - I must've read it about 10 times when deciding whether to get a Tit or ZS!

How strange... it said that I posted here today, when the last date posted here (apart from yours) was in 2009? :blink::lol:

How strange... it said that I posted here today, when the last date posted here (apart from yours) was in 2009? :blink::lol:

I reckon someone voted in the poll and that bumped it up to the top of the list.

Slightly off topic but my ultimate fiesta would be an ST version if this one ever comes out i will be no1 on the wait list :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, But the Zetec-S is blates better! :ph34r:

*runs away*

has anyone got a side profile picture of the fiesta 3 dr titanium with exterior styling pack (side skirts ext) with the 16" 7 spoke alloys??

as that is what i might go for over the zetec s

Thanks

has anyone got a side profile picture of the fiesta 3 dr titanium with exterior styling pack (side skirts ext) with the 16" 7 spoke alloys??

as that is what i might go for over the zetec s

Thanks

Here's mine Barky. Have got a few more photos if you require them. I hope to get out & about and take a few more this week too.

rszcar1.jpg

rszcar.jpg

Here's mine Barky. Have got a few more photos if you require them. I hope to get out & about and take a few more this week too.

rszcar1.jpg

rszcar.jpg

wow thanks nightowl, looks great.

as they dont do the x pack on titaniums anymore the largest wheels i could get on the titanium are the 16'"s which look great.

i still like the 17"s aswell tho

wow thanks nightowl, looks great.

as they dont do the x pack on titaniums anymore the largest wheels i could get on the titanium are the 16'"s which look great.

i still like the 17"s aswell tho

I have to say Barky that the 16" 7-spokes in reality/close up are lovely. I had the full dress up kit fitted (£500) as well as the optional 16" 7-spokes (£100) as I didn't fancy cleaning the standard 15-spoke alloys it came with...and the 7's look miles better imho anyway. ;)

rszwheel.jpg

Handy thread for deciding I got to admit

But Zetec S all the way. Dont let them bring out the ST/RS

I want to have a top range car for awhile :D

<whispers to RS> - ahem, the Titanium is the top spec model...

I don't know what you lot are on about with the Zetec S being listed 'after the Titanium' - on the configurator and in the brochure - Titanium is last. Well, Titanium individual is last but nobody wants that red interior, so it's disqualified. :lol:

rszcar1.jpg

rszcar.jpg

And after all your waiting, it just doesn't look right in green with the chrome surrounds!!! runs away very quickly and hides giggling............ :D :D

It's actually nice to see you car, considering just how long you did wait.

Is the X pack dead!?! :o

Apparently you can no longer order the x pack (or the 17" wheels) on new titanium orders.

The ESP is also standard on all fiesta's made next month (this was part of the x pack).

Which is a bit of a bummer as i want a the outside look of the Zetec S with the inside and features of the Titanium, but the closest i have been offered is the Titanium with exterior style kit, leather and 16" 7 spoke wheels.

Its just not fair - if only i'd made my order 6 weeks ago...

And after all your waiting, it just doesn't look right in green with the chrome surrounds!!! runs away very quickly and hides giggling............ :D :D

It's actually nice to see you car, considering just how long you did wait.

The wait sure was long Marky! Very pleased with the car though - so far (* touches wood).

The 1.4 auto has a good powerplant & I am continually surprised at just how good/nippy it is. Could do with disc brakes all round (like my last car) but they're adequate enough.

No niggles, problems, rattles, bits falling off...yet. ;)

Btw; the photos don't do the car justice in any way, shape or form! They were taken on a lousy, wet, grey day. In the recent sunny weather we've had however - 'squeeze' looks superb when sunrays bounce off the metallic finish. It looks stunning! I am bias (obviously) but seeing as I had each & every colour to choose from...and settled on squeeze - there isn't a more vibrant, eye-catching colour out there...and I have seen all Fiesta's in all colours on the road/in the flesh now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club