Show
Photo
- - - - -

Titanium vs Zetec S

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Zetec S or Titanium (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the better car overall?

1. Titanium X (105 votes [51.22%])

Percentage of vote: 51.22%

2. Zetec S (100 votes [48.78%])

Percentage of vote: 48.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Daniel

Daniel

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: 2000 Focus 1.8 Zetec 5dr
Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

I can't really see the point in ESP- it just makes a lot of people think they can drive like nut cases and get away with it! A good chassis doesn't need ESP- Fiesta included. Manufacturers just fit it as it makes the NCAP score better.

Anyway, Titanium all the way, the suspension is a little more supple which means it rides better and also doesn't tramline under braking and get knocked offline by mid corner bumps as much. There was a quote in Autocar from a Ford engineer recently and he admitted that the standard cars set-up is optimum, but they had to make the ZS stiffer as that is what people expect.

So my vote would be Titanium with 16" alloys (the 100 option 7-spoke ones- my Mum has just ordered one!)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

I can't really see the point in ESP- it just makes a lot of people think they can drive like nut cases and get away with it! A good chassis doesn't need ESP- Fiesta included. Manufacturers just fit it as it makes the NCAP score better.

Anyway, Titanium all the way, the suspension is a little more supple which means it rides better and also doesn't tramline under braking and get knocked offline by mid corner bumps as much. There was a quote in Autocar from a Ford engineer recently and he admitted that the standard cars set-up is optimum, but they had to make the ZS stiffer as that is what people expect.

So my vote would be Titanium with 16" alloys (the 100 option 7-spoke ones- my Mum has just ordered one!)

Well if it makes the NCAP score better then it makes the car safer. No?

#48 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

Trouble is that the cheapest way to get the 17" alloys, which in my opinion are the best looking wheels for the new fiesta, you have to have the X Pack and that comes with the ESP . .

#49 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

No, they fit it as it's proven to do what it says on the tin. What it isn't though is a fail safe which some people believe it is and it wil not defy the law of physics.

#50 ramonford

ramonford

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium Mk7
Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Ok so I have been looking at a few people's specs and alike, and have decided to make this thread.

Which would you prefer:

OPTION 1 - Ford Fiesta Titanium, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Full dress up kit, X pack (leather seats and large rims) and the Technology pack (USB, bluetooth and Key less) 16,420

OPTION 2 - Ford Fiesta Zetec S, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist, City Pack, Bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, Auto wipers inc auto headlamps, Street Pack, Leather Pack and Side skirts? 16,440

I'm aware that the variety of options may not be what you personally would opt for, but if you were to buy one of the two which would you go for?

The only real difference is that the Zetec S is a CM lower to the ground, has firmer suspention and slightly more sporty seats, where as the Titanium has the chrome, ambient lighting, keyless start, quick clear windscreen and cruise control. (Unless I have missed anything?)

Thanks.

Hi jar

If you are in doubt about the 17 inch optional wheels I would strongly recommend that you go for an extended test drive along some none too smooth roads as I did - boy do you feel the bumps and tram lining is also bad, it sure does add to the fun but you will soon get Ps'ed off with it.

There is also some things that you get extra over and over the Zetec S spec with the Titanium which you perhaps did not notice.
To mention some of the principal ones :-

Map reading lights and courtesy lights
Drivers seat back pocket
E.A.T.C.
Rear speakers
Electric folding door mirrors
Automatic wipers
Automatic headlights
Front/rear mats
Up graded interior lighting package.
Rear Privacy glass
Higher residual value and lower insurance group

Note - Key less start is a cost option on Titanium

Hope this may help especially as the prices are very close.
It would appear that you get more for less with the Titanium.

ramonford

#51 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium 3-door + full bodykit Squeeze

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

name=]']]

That's exactly what I have ordered for September delivery - the Titanium 3-door with dress-up kit AND the 16" 7-spoke alloys.

I didn't want the 17" alloys for good reason. I prefer the ride to be smoother with more driver feedback than you get with the larger 17"
wheels. I read a very good Fiesta road test review the other week in a magazine which also confirmed that if you buy the new Fiesta - go
for 16" wheels as the 17"s make the ride too bumpy & uncomfortable on longer journeys. I found this to be true when test driving the Fiesta
back in June. I drove 2 versions at 2 different Ford dealer's & much preferred the 16"s. Each to their own I know - but there you go!

#52 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

That's exactly what I have ordered for September delivery - the Titanium 3-door with dress-up kit AND the 16" 7-spoke alloys.

I didn't want the 17" alloys for good reason. I prefer the ride to be smoother with more driver feedback than you get with the larger 17"
wheels. I read a very good Fiesta road test review the other week in a magazine which also confirmed that if you buy the new Fiesta - go
for 16" wheels as the 17"s make the ride too bumpy & uncomfortable on longer journeys. I found this to be true when test driving the Fiesta
back in June. I drove 2 versions at 2 different Ford dealer's & much preferred the 16"s. Each to their own I know - but there you go!

I thought we had identical orders in Nightowl?

#53 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium 3-door + full bodykit Squeeze

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

I thought we had identical orders in Nightowl?

Apart from the alloys Paul. As and when I pop along the coast to Worthing - I don't want to muscle in
on your patch mate! ;)

#54 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

Might be kinda cool to see them side by side sometime

#55 bILLOO

bILLOO

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Zetec-S 1.6 Ti-VCT
Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

Prefer the Zetec S, it looks fantastic in white & the chrome parts would look awful. Plus, the Titanium has too much... I know it sounds strange but I don't like a car with 'too much' in it.

#56 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

My white Zetec s is a real head turner. I was filling up with petrol the other day and someone got out of their car and started taking pictures of it. :P
The OH said he was taking pics of her and not the car. :(

#57 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

If it had been Mrs Hedgepig in the car I'd known for certain that it was the car being photographed!!! ;) :P

#58 JAR897

JAR897

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 Titanium 1.6 TiVCT

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

so funny how this little post has cropped up the eve of my brand new TItanium X!

#59 bILLOO

bILLOO

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Zetec-S 1.6 Ti-VCT
Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

My white Zetec s is a real head turner. I was filling up with petrol the other day and someone got out of their car and started taking pictures of it. :P

But your car looks beautiful! :P

#60 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

Prefer the Zetec S, it looks fantastic in white & the chrome parts would look awful. Plus, the Titanium has too much... I know it sounds strange but I don't like a car with 'too much' in it.

Billoo - I don't understand that at all.

The Titanium has, erm, 6 pieces of chrome (front window trims x2, rear window trims x2, fog light trims x2) It's not exactly blingin' :lol:

As for too much - too much what? Cruise control - a real downside to a car :lol:

<sigh> I just want to actually get the damn thing.

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users