Photo
- - - - -

Titanium vs Zetec S

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Zetec S or Titanium (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the better car overall?

1. Titanium X (105 votes [51.22%])

Percentage of vote: 51.22%

2. Zetec S (100 votes [48.78%])

Percentage of vote: 48.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 bILLOO

bILLOO

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Zetec-S 1.6 Ti-VCT
Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

Billoo - I don't understand that at all.

The Titanium has, erm, 6 pieces of chrome (front window trims x2, rear window trims x2, fog light trims x2) It's not exactly blingin' :lol:

As for too much - too much what? Cruise control - a real downside to a car :lol:

<sigh> I just want to actually get the damn thing.

Posted Image

Well, I've got a mk 6.5 Zetec with all the 'toys' added. I've had the car for nearly 2 years and have noticed that I don't want or need quite a lot of the toys. The Zetec-S doesn't come with that much kit which I like. If that makes sense...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

so funny how this little post has cropped up the eve of my brand new TItanium X!

EXCITED??

#63 andy64

andy64

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium 3dr

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

Ok so I have been looking at a few people's specs and alike, and have decided to make this thread.

Which would you prefer:

OPTION 1 - Ford Fiesta Titanium, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Full dress up kit, X pack (leather seats and large rims) and the Technology pack (USB, bluetooth and Keyless) 16,420

OPTION 2 - Ford Fiesata Zetec S, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist, City Pack, Bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, Auto wipers inc auto headlamps, Street Pack, Leather Pack and Side skirts? 16,440

I'm aware that the variety of options may not be what you personally would opt for, but if you were to buy one of the two which would you go for?

The only real difference is that the Zetec S is a CM lower to the ground, has firmer suspention and slightly more sporty seats, where as the Titanium has the chrome, ambient lighting, keyless start, quick clear windscreen and cruise control. (Unless I have missed anything?)

Thanks.

I had a similar choice to make too - though wasn't interested in the Titanium "X" Pack, my decision was between a Zetec S & a Titanium 1.6 TiVCT. Performance is identical due to same engine & gearbox; I went for the Titanium as you do get more "kit" for your money plus although it doesn't have the sports suspension & sports seats the roadholding's brilliant anyway & with a smoother ride than the stiffened up Zetec S, plus the seats are extremely supportive & comfy. My 3 door Titanium looks brilliant in Panther Black, which sets off the chrome on the sides, front & tailgate nicely too (no chrome on the Zetec S!) I also had the optional 7 spoke alloys on mine - these look much sportier than the standard Titanium wheels & were only 100 extra for the set. Set of mudflaps on mine also look great.

#64 beatty36

beatty36

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6TDCi

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

ZS all the way, you wont get girls into bed by seying you drive a titanium lol, but the zetec sport sounds way better :P

#65 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:22 AM

ZS all the way, you wont get girls into bed by seying you drive a titanium lol, but the zetec sport sounds way better :P

Fit the X Pack and Dress UP Kit and they will not know the difference - most girlies will loose interest in you anyway if you start going on about it being a Zetec S and how it is the better car because . . .

The Titanium comes in better colours too . .

#66 dav

dav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk7 in frozen White
Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

Billoo - I don't understand that at all.

The Titanium has, erm, 6 pieces of chrome (front window trims x2, rear window trims x2, fog light trims x2) It's not exactly blingin' :lol:

As for too much - too much what? Cruise control - a real downside to a car :lol:

<sigh> I just want to actually get the damn thing.

Posted Image

haha dan you go on about this car that much, yes its your new car your going to be excited but, i have to ask is this car like a extension of your !Removed!? before you get on your high horse its just a question.

#67 BigFordFan

BigFordFan

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

From a visual standpoint i would say definitely the Titanium X. It looks even sportier than the Zetec-S yet even classier i think. But the Zetec-S is my choice cause its the sportier car to drive and i think it is a bit more fun.

#68 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

From a visual standpoint i would say definitely the Titanium X. It looks even sportier than the Zetec-S yet even classier i think. But the Zetec-S is my choice cause its the sportier car to drive and i think it is a bit more fun.

Funny every road test I have read has said that the ZS suspension is too hard and makes the car skip about when going round corners - and it has the same engines as the Titanium's so now power advantage

I know which one I would prefer . . . . :P

#69 DNStuff

DNStuff

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk6 Fiesta Zetec 1.4

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

Funny every road test I have read has said that the ZS suspension is too hard and makes the car skip about when going round corners - and it has the same engines as the Titanium's so now power advantage

I know which one I would prefer . . . . :P

Could you link me to a couple of those reviews? I havn't read that when I was doing my searching and if there is cause for concern it might be worth considering a change in order, or more likely, a change in suspension

#70 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Top Gear - Auto Express - Auto Car - take ya pic

And Ford have even been quoted as sayng that the standard suspension was the optimum setting therefore implying that anything else (ZS and Econetic) are not!

#71 dav

dav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk7 in frozen White
Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

Top Gear - Auto Express - Auto Car - take ya pic

And Ford have even been quoted as sayng that the standard suspension was the optimum setting therefore implying that anything else (ZS and Econetic) are not!

have you got links to these reviews as i have the auto car mag with the review of all the cars in this class, Swift clio and so on it does not say anything.

#72 DNStuff

DNStuff

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

have you got links to these reviews as i have the auto car mag with the review of all the cars in this class, Swift clio and so on it does not say anything.

Same here man I can find anything. I don't think that Ford would put down their own model either :s

#73 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

SImple answer is NO - was while I was reading up on what car to replace my Smart with so goes back months . . .

#74 DNStuff

DNStuff

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

SImple answer is NO - was while I was reading up on what car to replace my Smart with so goes back months . . .

*phew* thats ok. You had me worried for a second :lol: Took a long time to decide between Titanium and Zetec S, so if something I've missed crops up I begin to worry whether I made the right decision

#75 BigFordFan

BigFordFan

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:48 PM

Ok so I have been looking at a few people's specs and alike, and have decided to make this thread.

Which would you prefer:

OPTION 1 - Ford Fiesta Titanium, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Full dress up kit, X pack (leather seats and large rims) and the Technology pack (USB, bluetooth and Keyless) 16,420

OPTION 2 - Ford Fiesata Zetec S, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist, City Pack, Bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, Auto wipers inc auto headlamps, Street Pack, Leather Pack and Side skirts? 16,440

I'm aware that the variety of options may not be what you personally would opt for, but if you were to buy one of the two which would you go for?

The only real difference is that the Zetec S is a CM lower to the ground, has firmer suspention and slightly more sporty seats, where as the Titanium has the chrome, ambient lighting, keyless start, quick clear windscreen and cruise control. (Unless I have missed anything?)

Thanks.

I know this might not help you but in my country (Cyprus) the Zetec-S is actually cheaper than the Titanium (Zetec-S is around 13.300 euros while the Titanium costs 14.150 euros). The Titanium does not come with the Start button though, yet everything else is there. Unfortunately here we only get the Titaniums in 5-door guise

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users