Show
Photo
- - - - -

Titanium vs Zetec S

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Zetec S or Titanium (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the better car overall?

1. Titanium X (105 votes [51.22%])

Percentage of vote: 51.22%

2. Zetec S (100 votes [48.78%])

Percentage of vote: 48.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 dav

dav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk7 in frozen White
Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:55 AM

You have an interesting way of talking to people you don't know don't you?

I don't need an extension to my !Removed!, nor do I view the car as such.

i have an interesting way of talking to people and what is that suppose to mean i was just asking a question in general is there something wrong with that?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 dav

dav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk7 in frozen White
Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:57 AM

The best bit is Dan that those guys who they reckon have !Removed! issues and used their cars as some sort of textension tend to drive Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc., etc., etc. type of cars. A Fiesta is a small city(ish) tye pf car so if anything it means you are more than happy with what your packing and don;'t need to over-compensate with your car.

Having said that, not sure what that says about BigFordFan who brought it up in the first place . . . and by his very name BigFord - it does make you wonder!?!?! :lol:

ha ha up dans !Removed! a little ha ha sorry had to say it

paul you know i love you :P :P

#93 Fraser.

Fraser.

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Zetec S Ti-Vct
Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

Had my Tit 1day now and its everything and more than I expected.
The ride is fantastic just the right side of firm and not to soft, after having a Mini with rock hard ride its great, I dont have to avoid every tiny hole or bump in the road anymore.
As for Titanium Vs ZS ,Titanium for me, you can make a Titanium into a ZS but its alot harder the other way round

Am I right in saying the only things the titanium has that isn't available on the zetec s is cruise
control and ambient lighting? And are the sports seats and suspension the only things not available on the titanium? (Not including aftermarket springs like eibachs)

#94 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

The Titanium also has the front splitter and the Zetec S has the switch to turn off the ESP. I don't think there's anything else...everything else such as the AAC and the powerfold mirrors can be spec'd on the Zetec S, it's just not standard.

Oh - and don't forget the chrome! :lol:

#95 TJ-MK.J

TJ-MK.J

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta (on order)titanium 5dr squeeze
Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

The Titanium also has the front splitter and the Zetec S has the switch to turn off the ESP. I don't think there's anything else...everything else such as the AAC and the powerfold mirrors can be spec'd on the Zetec S, it's just not standard.

Oh - and don't forget the chrome! :lol:

And one very big thing your all missing you cant get a 5door ZS, Ive got 3 kids and although it is very rare we all go out in the car together ime sure they wouldnt like it if I went for the 3dr

#96 amarokuk

amarokuk

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 Petrol
Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

I went for the Titanium in Tango red (works best with the chrome along with Avalon Blue and the green/yellow metallic can't remember the name). I could have had a zetec S in white with the side skirts (is that the street pack?). I didn't have much choice at the car supermarket and the Zetec s would have won except it was 2000 pound more than the Titanium and had over 14,000 miles campared to the less than 4,000 on the Titanium The cars were the same age from Jan 2009.

I have the Tech pack fitted from new and although I thought the Keyless stuff was a bit of a gimmick once you get used to it (i.e not spending 5 mins looking for the key and ignition lock) it does end up becomming strangely comforting that somehow you are at one with the car. I find this response rather odd for me not really being a car person as cars to me are just a means to move about and not objects of desire.

Although at the time it was irrelevent in my choice the Cruise Control has proved to be the most useful feature ever and was worth every penny of the purchase for me. I have seen Cruise control before on hire cars but never really bothered with it much, but after 3 weeks try and take it off me now and I will rip your arms off.

This is a bit of a long way of saying I would go for the Titanium.

#97 boodachris

boodachris

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S mrk7
Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

Who the hell wants a titanium it reminds me of a grannys car!!! soft suspension 1 button start who cares its all about the fun and the frill of the drive and the zetec s provides just that :D getting the 1 button start is just lazy and for me it would feel toooo wierd getting in the car and not having the feel of that key turning and hearing your car raw!!!!!! Also having Zetec S printed on the back of your fiesta looks so much better then having Titanium on there.

Sorry this is just my oppinion suspose every1 has the right to have on ay :P... so as you probly guessed i would go for the zetec s :):) due to its superb sporty looks its well handling sports suspension, sport seats. and having the option to have ESP.

P.S i think the chrome looks a bit tacky for me.....

#98 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

... so as you probly guessed i would go for the zetec s :):) due to its superb sporty looks .....

Look at mine and tell me it does not look the mutts nutts?

#99 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: BigJock
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium, Nissan Juke Tekna
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

true the key fob has to be in the car for the engine to start it will also auto lock and only re-open when fob is by door when entry attempted (this is how it worked with mine anyway). top gear has been scripted for several years now and it has become boringly predictable, still watch it but dont see the point in the set up pointless tasks/trips.

#100 bILLOO

bILLOO

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Zetec-S 1.6 Ti-VCT
Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

Who the hell wants a titanium it reminds me of a grannys car!!! soft suspension 1 button start who cares its all about the fun and the frill of the drive and the zetec s provides just that :D getting the 1 button start is just lazy and for me it would feel toooo wierd getting in the car and not having the feel of that key turning and hearing your car raw!!!!!! Also having Zetec S printed on the back of your fiesta looks so much better then having Titanium on there.

Sorry this is just my oppinion suspose every1 has the right to have on ay :P... so as you probly guessed i would go for the zetec s :):) due to its superb sporty looks its well handling sports suspension, sport seats. and having the option to have ESP.

P.S i think the chrome looks a bit tacky for me.....

I agree totally. Pretty much same reasons why I got a ZS and not a Titanium. Although, de-badging the Titanium part would solve that problem. :P

Also an excuse to join the ZSOC forum! :lol:

#101 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

The titanium is ace for what you pay tbh...but it has replace the 'Ghia'

Now although T I T A N I U M sounds much better than Ghia, still reminds me of a Ford Fiesta Ghia!

And I look at it this way....

Granny goes to buy nice new Fiesta coz her mk4 Ghia is getting on a bit...

OOO, see's a Titanium, very nice, eeerrr, see's Zetec S, thinks dont want that, that doesnt look sensible, too young and hip and fun for me.

No matter what engine/power add ons...

Titanium=granny

ZetecS=no granny

:lol: IMO of course, but it is a poll!

#102 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

The titanium is ace for what you pay tbh...but it has replace the 'Ghia'

Now although T I T A N I U M sounds much better than Ghia, still reminds me of a Ford Fiesta Ghia!

And I look at it this way....

Granny goes to buy nice new Fiesta coz her mk4 Ghia is getting on a bit...

OOO, see's a Titanium, very nice, eeerrr, see's Zetec S, thinks dont want that, that doesnt look sensible, too young and hip and fun for me.

No matter what engine/power add ons...

Titanium=granny

ZetecS=no granny

:lol: IMO of course, but it is a poll!

Afternoon piggy :) Titanium hasn't replaced Ghia as both trim levels are available on other models such as the Mondeo. Titanium has more of a hi-tech spec. Where as the Ghia has always been about the Luxury trim, wooden dash, leather and the like.

Also neither the Titanium Or The ZetecS are granny!!!!

Unless of course you are talking about "Bad-Grandma's" the ones who bust moves to shock ya

Grannys are far more likely to get a Studio or a Style, the ones who win a bit of money on the bingo might get a Style+

#103 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium 3-door + full bodykit Squeeze

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Afternoon piggy :) Titanium hasn't replaced Ghia as both trim levels are available on other models such as the Mondeo. Titanium has more of a hi-tech spec. Where as the Ghia has always been about the Luxury trim, wooden dash, leather and the like.

Also neither the Titanium Or The ZetecS are granny!!!!

Unless of course you are talking about "Bad-Grandma's" the ones who bust moves to shock ya

Grannys are far more likely to get a Studio or a Style, the ones who win a bit of money on the bingo might get a Style+

Every granny I know buys a Nissan Micra or a Honda Jazz!

#104 andrew43

andrew43

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec-s mountune

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

both great cars up to the individual,but i went for the z-s because of the sports suspension

#105 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: BigJock
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium, Nissan Juke Tekna
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

it would be interesting to see the ages of those who bought a zs compared to those that bought a titanium. if i was 10years younger i would have picked the zs but now I'm older with kids i found the extras in the tit more appealing over the looks of a zs. i find the zs has the looks of a very tidy and proficient little hot hatch but in reality i think it may look better than it is (performance wise) given the limitations of the 1.6 engines compared to other hot hatches. maybe this is why so many have chosen to remap/tweak them? i may be wrong of course but as i said if i was 10years younger id have had the zs. can someone do a poll for this?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users