1 reply to this topic

#1 millsydt

millsydt

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.4 CL

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

Im a bit baffled now iv had sum niggling issues with my fiesta if i accelerate briskly around 40-50 mph and sometimes 60-70 i feel the engine holding back its got a brand new set of spark plugs by the looks of things i new coilpack the air filters clean brand new fuel filter too i cleaned the inlet too seems to run a bit better on shell fuel iv noticed its a 96 fiesta 1.25 lx

Can anyone help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 KatePocket

KatePocket

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame 1.4

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Im a bit baffled now iv had sum niggling issues with my fiesta if i accelerate briskly around 40-50 mph and sometimes 60-70 i feel the engine holding back its got a brand new set of spark plugs by the looks of things i new coilpack the air filters clean brand new fuel filter too i cleaned the inlet too seems to run a bit better on shell fuel iv noticed its a 96 fiesta 1.25 lx

Can anyone help

My corsa used to do this, it was an S reg, so 98/99, but it turned out to be the air filter. Does it happen when you're going up hills too? I used to find that i hadf to change down a gear or 2 to stop it, the engine warning light used to come on and then go off again also.

We had to take it to the vauxhall garage to get it diagnosed though, i imagine that somewhere with a diagnostics computer will be able to tell you what's wrong, but it could end up being quite pricey.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users