Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help.! Ford Ka 05 Plate Heater.

KellyMH

I need help as its driving me insane.!

my heater wont turn off or change temperature its constantly stuck on hot and blows out every air vent in the car.

I have to drive at lease once a week down the motorway for a 3 hour round trip and its killing me i get so hot and even opening a window wont help.!

i wanted to no if there is anything i can do myself before taking it to a garage and them having my pants down because i'm a woman!

thanks in advance :)

Its a common problem with the heater control valve, they're not expensive and recommend getting a genuine one as the aftermarket's will break again sooner also, the heater control panel may need replacing too.

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

good advice nighthak a serial number or a proper description or a piccy of the part would be more helpful i recon. we can all say get a genuine part or heater control valve but a link on how to fix it would be good as kelly did ask how she can possibly fix it her self.

Sorry but I don't know the part number otherwise I would of posted it and also I couldn't say whether she could do it herself or not as what maybe a simple job for one person may not be for another.

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

You wont need a part number if you go to Fords. I checked these out on eBay and the genuine ones are more expensive than buying these from Ford. Should be less than £40.

There should be two hoses going into the bulkhead. One is the hot in and the other out. These will be attached to the HCV.

You need to disconnect the electrical plug which operates the solenoid.

Disconnect the two pipes going to it.

This will release an amount of coolant. Pull the HCV back to expose another two hoses which will also need to be disconnected.

Fitting new HCV is reverse of removing.

Top up the coolant with a mix of antifreeze and water.

Run engine with heater control on hot until engine runs up to temperature.

Let cool down and top up coolant as necessary.

This is from memory from changing the HCV on a Puma.

Here is a picture of a cheap one from eBay. It looks exactly the same as the original:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-O-E-QUALITY-HEATER-CONTROL-VALVE-FORD-FIESTA-KA-PUMA-TRANSIT-/200939657213?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec8efd7fd

The correct heater valve from Ford is part (Finis) number 1714716 but is about £57 (ouch ! ).

post-28494-0-38392800-1390353128_thumb.j

Ouch!! It was £36 last time I bought one from Ford. Might be worth buying a cheap one then as they don't take long to change.

thanks everyone! it might have to be a garage thing i think as id more than likely break something..!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club