Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo 2.0 Tddi Mods

DavyMond

I will post some pics aswell, to get some tuning tips, thanks.

It saves money on production - its the same for the shell - all the shells are identical with all the holes drilled for all the parts you don't get

So why start removing certain wiring looms on later cars?

Obviusly the shells will have the same holes drilled to save setting up the machines for each individual spec (one Shell fits all). Likewise with the wiring looms. one loom set up for every car, but just add the end pieces for the higher spec (such as rear leccy windows or heated seats)

But on later models they were making different looms one version for the high spec that has everything on, and at least one version for lower specs, but then altering them as time goes on to take a bit more out, that certainly isnt saving money :lol:

here are a fe pics, not very detailed. top left of the picture of my air box and a attempt of the egr is the actuator for the wastegate front mounted.

IMG_2173_zpsf10bdc62.jpg

IMG_2174_zpsbbc00adb.jpg

Got a few things i was thinking about today, where to get a resonator bypass kit, and also looking to get a straight through back box but dont want it to be to loud, any ideas???

i have PMd you a link to do this

Is your car petrol or Diesel?

There you go, thanks.

Yours is a variable vane (VNT/ Variable Nozzle Turbo) with rear EGR and MAF sensor (mounted on airbox)

here are a fe pics, not very detailed. top left of the picture of my air box and a attempt of the egr is the actuator for the wastegate front mounted.

IMG_2173_zpsf10bdc62.jpg

IMG_2174_zpsbbc00adb.jpg

Yours is a fixed-vane turbo with a wastegate, it is also a rear-mounted EGR, as you know there is no MAF on this type, (just a blank space where it would have been) there is a T-MAP sensor in the boost pipe that runs under the radiator

Its interesting to see 2 of the different types, they are all Euro3, of course

What is the difference between fixed and variable turbos then? And what is the purpose of the tmap sensor?

What is the difference between fixed and variable turbos then? And what is the purpose of the tmap sensor?

The fixed vane is simpler than the VNT, it has no variable vane mech to coke up and sieze so is more reliable

it has a simple mechanical/ pnematic actuator that controls the boost via a wastgate, it does not have any electronic parts to go wrong either - in standard form it suffers from lag, low down compared to the VNT, but can be modified easily by adding a bleed valve, boost controller etc so that the boost level can be controlled and the lag (strictly speaking the boost threshhold) reduced

The T-MAP is a combined temperature and MAP sensor, it reads the temprature and pressure of the air between the intercooler and inlet manifold

• Like 1

So does this mean it is alot harder to take out or just the same?? Looking to change/recon it for a remap.

If your going to remap it. It might be worth looking at a hybrid turbo. Will give you much more gusto with a map as well. I'm very tempted to put a hybrid turbo on mine and have it mapped.

To be honest I want to do loads but prob won't get round to it.

New turbo new intercooler map should lower it to get rid of some of the excessive body roll and over sized wheel gap that's about it for now lol

How much u talking for a hybrid turbo??? duno if im going to bother with intercooler.

I'm yet to look that up yet. I'm scared. I know my friend paid about £500 for his but it was for a different make of car and couldn't bare to mention the name here :P

I'll have a look about and I'll let you know

How much more bhp u talking for our cars?? , i think u need to upgrade the injectors for maximum performance

My friend got a 85 bhp increase and that was just turbo an map think it came to about £1100 for the turbo and map for that. Mucking fast though

Sounds good they will probz take a trade in on your old unit aswell, sorry to go back to this resonator bypass but does it really make a diffrence to your car??

I've not done it yet. I will be doing it as I've read that it does work well

Yeah i think i will to as its cheap and easy to do

I'm going to start with cleaning egr and blanking. Cleaning inlet manifold, and fit the bleed valve and boost gauge. Ill do the resonator at the same rim as the egr as it's next to it.

What are you planning?

Well the inlet is clean and the egr is also clean. All pipes that run between them had so much gunk in I'm supprised the car ran at all. Got rid of the resonator. The power range seems to have got bigger power is delivered all the way to 4k and above which is awesome. I recommend doing it to yours

Sounds good mate, its finding the time lol working round the clock, how long did all that take you???

I gave myself all day today. Cleaned the engine whilst I was in there

Really messy job mind I'm covered in gunk. I'd wear gloves if I had to do it again lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club