Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Alloys, Cleaner, Sealant Etc

Hyrule

Had a question about new alloys.

What do you guys recommend for brand new ones. Do you clean and seal them before or after the tyres are fitted?

Cheers fellow Focians ;)

i think i polished and sealed my wheels before i had the tyres fitted

• Like 1

If they're brand new if clay them and wash them ready for sealant.

If you go down the sealant route you should then only need soapy water to clean.

Lots of options for wheel sealants, they're wheel waxes or nano sealants.

If you're feeling flush try the slick rims wheel sealant, good for 10k

If you'd prefer a more budget option you could do a lot worse than FK1000P plus you can use this on bodywork too for great winter protection.

That's the two I'd be looking at. FK1000P will last ages and slickrims is 100ml and will do about 4-6 sets of alloys

• Like 1

If they're brand new if clay them and wash them ready for sealant.

If you go down the sealant route you should then only need soapy water to clean.

Lots of options for wheel sealants, they're wheel waxes or nano sealants.

If you're feeling flush try the slick rims wheel sealant, good for 10k

If you'd prefer a more budget option you could do a lot worse than FK1000P plus you can use this on bodywork too for great winter protection.

That's the two I'd be looking at. FK1000P will last ages and slickrims is 100ml and will do about 4-6 sets of alloys

Thanks for the reply.

They would be new and clean. I just want them to be protected before the tyres go on, and subsequently put on the car.

So if I go the slick rims route, all I need to do is apply it straight to the wheels, no need to wash or anything beforehand.

And the same with FK1000p?

I'd wash them first and ideally a wipe down with IPA/water mix to make sure the using is über clean so the FK or the slick rims has a good clean surface to bond to.

The cleaner the surface and better the prep then the better durability of your chosen sealant

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club