Do Not Sell My Personal Information

battery light

hondacr250

i wonder if any1 can help?

ive got a 03 plate mk1 ford focus st170 and recently the engine management light came on with code P1246- Alternator load input failed possible causes wiring or alternator. the battery light is staying on when i am running the car? i have changed the alternator, the battery is newly new and im not sure where to look?

if any one can help me i need to get it sorted.

thanks

Possibly a bad earth from the alternator or could be a faulty alternator you've put on. Other than that, could be the fault codes not been cleared from the ECU and the car still thinks theres a problem.

i wonder if any1 can help?

ive got a 03 plate mk1 ford focus st170 and recently the engine management light came on with code P1246- Alternator load input failed possible causes wiring or alternator. the battery light is staying on when i am running the car? i have changed the alternator, the battery is newly new and im not sure where to look?

if any one can help me i need to get it sorted.

thanks

hiya

thanks for getting back to me

the engine management light is not on now ive had it reset, the battery light is still on though and when the car is running all my lights are pulsing (Flickering)? but its still charging the battery?

hiya

thanks for getting back to me

the engine management light is not on now ive had it reset, the battery light is still on though and when the car is running all my lights are pulsing (Flickering)? but its still charging the battery?

If the lights on the alternator wont be charging the battery. So it will be a bad earth somewhere, the aux drive belts not tensioned properly or a faulty alternator still. If the aux drive belt is the same on the petrol as on the diesel the belt doesnt come into contact with the alternator pulley much at all. I'd prefer to see it going 180 degrees around the pulley but mines 90 at most, I presume the petrols the same so a properly tensioned belt is essential.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club