Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

Sorry to bother you Mr. Hedgepigs, but why aren't your parking sensors colour coded? I am getting parking sensors with mine, but then again mine is black so shouldnt be too noticeable anyway. Do you also have front sensors? Does anybody have front sensors for that matter? If so can you post pics of what these look like?

Ta!

No bother Jonny--my parking sensors were factory fitted and came like that.

I don't have front sensors but if I did, they wouldn't be colour coded anyway.

I queried this too and was told that they are not colour coded.

You'll be OK though as your car's black!! ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 hedgepig

hedgepig

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

I'm getting mine done by the dealer. My car is black. What are they going to look like? My dealer said they will be colour coded. I hope so!

Have a look at my response to Jonny as, despite what your dealer's told you, your parking sensors will NOT be colour coded.

But, as your car is also black, you should be OK too. ;)

#18 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:17 AM

No bother Jonny--my parking sensors were factory fitted and came like that.

I don't have front sensors but if I did, they wouldn't be colour coded anyway.

I queried this too and was told that they are not colour coded.

You'll be OK though as your car's black!! ;)

Thank you for your reply Mr. Hedgepigs. Have now seen some front sensors on another post and they dont look too bad. :)

#19 plunder

plunder

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

Have a look at my response to Jonny as, despite what your dealer's told you, your parking sensors will NOT be colour coded.

But, as your car is also black, you should be OK too. ;)

So to clarify - are you saying on the Frozen White Titanium ive ordered with front and rear sensors they will be black?? :blink:

plunder

#20 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

So to clarify - are you saying on the Frozen White Titanium ive ordered with front and rear sensors they will be black?? :blink:

plunder

If you look in the gallery you can see some front sensors, there only seems to be two and they are mounted inside the front grille, just under the number plate on either side. So it will make no difference with colour coding. The rear ones will come black from the factory. Your dealer may colour code them but i am not sure if that can be done with the factory fit ones. Ask your dealer.

:)

#21 hedgepig

hedgepig

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

plunder

Yes, that's correct--factory fitted parking sensors are NOT colour coded.

#22 mattyi26

mattyi26

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

thats why i didnt order the city pack as the rear ones would have looked rubbish against the white bumper. wish folding mirrors were an option on there own.

#23 plunder

plunder

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

I went into the dealer and made a bit of a fuss about this issue...

I was told that indeed they would be non colour coded from factory!
When did Ford start doing this? My last 2 Fiestas with parking sensors were colour coded from factory.
I'm not too sure what these black sensors will look like on a white car... maybe not to bad? They might add
to the "black and white" look and match the rest of the trim.

I have the option of canceling the front and rear sensors altogether or having rear sensors fitted and colour coded at
the dealer (they are unable to dealer fit front ones apparently)

The other option i have been given is to keep them ordered and wait until the car is delivered and then make my mind up.
If i don't like them they can mask them off and spray them white at the dealership (for a price)
I cant' say im too impressed that a brand new top of the range Ford comes without colour coded sensors... what are they thinking?
And to top it off my new car would be getting a respray before i even drive it off the forecourt and i have to pay extra for the "privelege" too!

Sigh... i think im ranting... sorry.. hey by the way... what car spec are you getting Mattyi26? :rolleyes:

plunder

#24 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

I went into the dealer and made a bit of a fuss about this issue...

I was told that indeed they would be non colour coded from factory!
When did Ford start doing this? My last 2 Fiestas with parking sensors were colour coded from factory.
I'm not too sure what these black sensors will look like on a white car... maybe not to bad? They might add
to the "black and white" look and match the rest of the trim.

I have the option of canceling the front and rear sensors altogether or having rear sensors fitted and colour coded at
the dealer (they are unable to dealer fit front ones apparently)

The other option i have been given is to keep them ordered and wait until the car is delivered and then make my mind up.
If i don't like them they can mask them off and spray them white at the dealership (for a price)
I cant' say im too impressed that a brand new top of the range Ford comes without colour coded sensors... what are they thinking?
And to top it off my new car would be getting a respray before i even drive it off the forecourt and i have to pay extra for the "privelege" too!

Sigh... i think im ranting... sorry.. hey by the way... what car spec are you getting Mattyi26? :rolleyes:

plunder

I can't imagine why anyone would need front sensors to be honest. Your best bet would be to cancel and get them done at the dealers where they can colour code them.

#25 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3Dr Hot Magenta
Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

il just take mine to bodyshop and ask nicly to have them taken out and painted!

look shocking in black against the hot magenta car!! (no offence mr hedgepig!!!)

#26 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

I'm glad I'm getting them done at the dealer now. Although you would think that the factory ones would have been better. Anyhow, I will see when I get it on Wednesday.

#27 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

il just take mine to bodyshop and ask nicly to have them taken out and painted!

look shocking in black against the hot magenta car!! (no offence mr hedgepig!!!)

How much do you think it would cost to colour code factory fit parking sensors? By the looks of it there are only two that would need coding. It it actually possible to code them also? Would they still work? Maybe there is some sort of reason why they arent coded....?

#28 plunder

plunder

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

How much do you think it would cost to colour code factory fit parking sensors? By the looks of it there are only two that would need coding. It it actually possible to code them also? Would they still work? Maybe there is some sort of reason why they arent coded....?

Thats what i wondered... as Ford always coded at factory before... there may a good reason why they don't do it now?
As to getting just the rear ones and getting them colour coded at the dealers, they want to charge me 300 just for the rear
sensors and say they are unable to do the front ones? Has anyone here got the front sensors and care to comment on them?
Also i note that h the Xvision front ones that are dealer fitted its possible to switch them off so as not to be annoying in traffic.
Can the factory fit ones also be turned off? Also does the beep come from a different place and/or have a different tone to the rear ones?
I don't know what to do now... and only have a couple of days to make my mind up.

plunder

#29 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

I had front sensors (all round sensors in fact) on my merc 4x4, they were a godsend on a car that size, when manouving out of parking spaces, turning around in tight areas etc, but really on our little fez's they are not needed - I dont even think rear ones are, the visibility and turning circle on our cars is great, I saw a hot magenta in homebase yesterday had black sensors which looked ok on the black diffuser panel, but then two black ones either side on the coloured bumpers - I didnt like that one bit.

#30 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7
Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

I've seen photos of a couple of white Zetec S's from another forum where the rear parking sensors are colour coded. However im not sure if these were done at the factory.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users