Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 1.8 Tdci My Car Will Not Start Without Easy Start Then Will Idle Forever But Cuts Out If Driven More Than A Mile ,had Another Fuel Pump Put On

ckm

Has anyone any ideas or had this problem ,once car has a spray of easy start it will idle and drive for about a mile doing low revs but if I give it a bit of gas it will cut out and you need easy start to get it going.

Sounds to me like possibly a fuel filter replacement is required. Does it cut out if you put your foot down?

Has anyone any ideas or had this problem ,once car has a spray of easy start it will idle and drive for about a mile doing low revs but if I give it a bit of gas it will cut out and you need easy start to get it going.

Have put new fuel filter aswell

What about the rest of the service history?

If the fuel filter seal was installed incorrectly, this could mean the new filter is as much use as the old one, so I wouldnt rule it out altogether just yet.

Things like air filter, deposits in fuel lines, dirty injectors, air leak can all contribute to this issue.

ECG?

thats a heart scan, if you have one of those clogged up you probably have more problems than you realise :p

perhaps EGR Valve?

Easy start was probably a mistake, once you start using it then starting will be difficult unless you use it every time as it seems to leave a coating. I hate the stuff and from experience will never use it again.

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

sorry meant egr it will idle all day no problem and drive at low revs,it just wont start without that horrible easy start ,have not used it that much just left car sat on drive .

Tried fuel pump,fuel filter had injectors checked new glow plugs,compression test all those are fine.

You could try blocking the EGR off with a stainless steel blank, but I would suggest your better placed getting it cleaned for now.

Its doable by hand but can be a nightmare, blanking it is the easiest option to be honest, but if your having issues, if they are electrical or sensor related, blanking may not resolve.

Best bet is to ring a few local indie garages and ask them for a quote for cleaning it.

• 2 weeks later...

Blocked off egr still not starting changed fuel filter ,

ANY HELP out there

When u say u looked a fuel pump what did u do how much did u pay get injectors tested an wat prompted u to do this

What garage a main dealer or indi is this high pressure pump how did they diagnose that pump ok sounds fuel related due to easy start starting it I would be very carefully I seen people melting piston using to much that stuff

Not using car since it wont start been sat on drive since back from garage it was a indi garage wich is owned by a friend

What garage a main dealer or indi is this high pressure pump how did they diagnose that pump ok sounds fuel related due to easy start starting it I would be very carefully I seen people melting piston using to much that stuff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club