Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 'new' Fusion

Shedchief

This is my first post (apart from the ones in the 'New members' section. Hello folks!

My 'new' Sea Grey Fusion is a 2006 Zetec Climate 1.6 Auto with black leather upholstery. I swapped my wife's Honda Jazz for it just a few days ago and got a great deal. The Fusion is an ex Motability car with fsh and only 20k on the clock and, so far, I'm absolutely delighted with it. It's immaculate.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm a very tall, 6'7" bloke yet have loads of room in this car without causing those behind me to feel squashed (and this is amazing since I have a tall family too). I like the slightly easier entry and exit because I carry my ancient parents around with me sometimes. I enjoy the decent levels of acceleration (which can also be quite 'spirited'!), more than adequate performance, acceptable mpg (just) and the smooth gearshifts. I like the handling (hardly surprising since it has Fiesta roots) and the equipment level is pretty darned good too. All in all, my impressions after just a few days' ownership are entirely positive, which believe me is a Good Thing! (Have you seen my wife! :blink: )

What next? Well, first off I want to install a bluetooth handsfree kit to replace my Parrot Minikit - or rather I will get one professionally installed. I've ordered some mats and a load liner from eBay .... and that's about it. The sound system is more than good enough for me (I quite like it as it is) and the alloys are smart and in excellent nick so no need for a change there either. I have no need of after-market body kits (been there, done that, still got the bills for the breakages ...) but I might look into upgrading the headlights somehow because I am underwhelmed by the main beam. What do folk here recommend? Better bulbs? Driving lamps? Specsavers?

I see that this part of the forum is relatively new and is a bit quiet in comparison with some of the other areas. That's understandable in view of the relatively low Fusion sales figures I suppose, but I'm hoping that it will chug along nicely and am sure it'll be a nice place to visit in the coming months and years...

Must go. I haven't returned the rear seats to their normal positions after going to the tip this morning. I was delighted to be able to carry: a large TV, PC and printer, large (broken) leather office chair, an old packing crate and an old bookcase all in one trip. I can see I'm going to like this beastie!

Safe roads!

;)

This is my first post (apart from the ones in the 'New members' section. Hello folks!

My 'new' Sea Grey Fusion is a 2006 Zetec Climate 1.6 Auto with black leather upholstery. I swapped my wife's Honda Jazz for it just a few days ago and got a great deal. The Fusion is an ex Motability car with fsh and only 20k on the clock and, so far, I'm absolutely delighted with it. It's immaculate.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm a very tall, 6'7" bloke yet have loads of room in this car without causing those behind me to feel squashed (and this is amazing since I have a tall family too). I like the slightly easier entry and exit because I carry my ancient parents around with me sometimes. I enjoy the decent levels of acceleration (which can also be quite 'spirited'!), more than adequate performance, acceptable mpg (just) and the smooth gearshifts. I like the handling (hardly surprising since it has Fiesta roots) and the equipment level is pretty darned good too. All in all, my impressions after just a few days' ownership are entirely positive, which believe me is a Good Thing! (Have you seen my wife! :blink: )

What next? Well, first off I want to install a bluetooth handsfree kit to replace my Parrot Minikit - or rather I will get one professionally installed. I've ordered some mats and a load liner from ebaY .... and that's about it. The sound system is more than good enough for me (I quite like it as it is) and the alloys are smart and in excellent nick so no need for a change there either. I have no need of after-market body kits (been there, done that, still got the bills for the breakages ...) but I might look into upgrading the headlights somehow because I am underwhelmed by the main beam. What do folk here recommend? Better bulbs? Driving lamps? Specsavers?

I see that this part of the forum is relatively new and is a bit quiet in comparison with some of the other areas. That's understandable in view of the relatively low Fusion sales figures I suppose, but I'm hoping that it will chug along nicely and am sure it'll be a nice place to visit in the coming months and years...

Must go. I haven't returned the rear seats to their normal positions after going to the tip this morning. I was delighted to be able to carry: a large TV, PC and printer, large (broken) leather office chair, an old packing crate and an old bookcase all in one trip. I can see I'm going to like this beastie!

Safe roads!

;)

Yay! Go Shedchief!! You the man! :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club