Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2-Ipod Connectivity-No Usb Socket

Lesfingal

I'm delighted with my Titanium except for the rather antiquated method for connecting auxiliary audio.

The Sony CD DAB does NOT have bluetooth nor can I find a USB socket. There is an auxiliary 3.5mm conventional jack connector located in the glove box.

Can I run an Ipod off this using a 3.5mm jack either end or do I need another type of lead?. Any assistance much appreciated.

If you plug in a standard earphone male to male adapter (3.5mm) and play your music while radio is set to aux then whatever device is playing will play through your car Speakers. Can be iPhone mp3 player or other device. It basically replaces headphones with the car Speakers. Hope that helps

Lee

Thanks Lee. Can I ask two more questions please.

1. Will music just play without appearing on Sony display

2. Will I be able to change tracks from steering wheel controls

When using the AUX input there is only shown "AUX" on the radio display. Because the AUX is only an input channel it is not possible to control the Ipod with the steering wheel controls.

Full Ipod control is only possible with the optional Bluetooth/Voicecontrol with USB, A2DP and Ipod support. This system can be retrofitted but generally costs a lot of money.

For control, charging and running music from an ipod touch or iPhone I recommend one of these-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=110901446509

You'd need a longer 3.5 to 3.5 cable to reach the glovebox (maybe even tuck it under the dash) but the sound quality is good and easy to operate.

You just plug the unit into your lighter socket.

Thanks very much for that information Clive and the link to e Bay. Yes I think the lead and charger combined will do the job, but who on earth thought that putting the aux in the glove box was a good idea, especially when the car has a really good radio/cd.

Cheers

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321302465754?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

I use something like the above to connect my iPod it works with the steering remotes can change play lists using the CD number. I keep my old iPhone plugged in and it even updates over WiFi

Just check on the connects2 web site for the right one

Hope this helps

Cheers that looks like an interesting piece of kit. Did you install this yourself or got your mechanic to do it.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321302465754?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

I use something like the above to connect my iPod it works with the steering remotes can change play lists using the CD number. I keep my old iPhone plugged in and it even updates over WiFi

Just check on the connects2 web site for the right one

Hope this helps

That would certainly cover all the bases and also leave the AUX socket free for other uses.

Easy to fit, I did a similar device for running USB sticks and all simple (as long as you have your radio code).

Remove the radio, unplug the cable (quadlock).

Swap the AUX cable plug from the original position on the quadlock and reposition into the new loom input.

Position the control box under the radio location (or behind the glovebox if necessary) and run the ipod cable to wherever you want it.

Just reread the listing of that Connects2 module.

I have noticed that the unit is only compatible if the radio has a CDDJ button and not any radio that has an AUX button.

For radios with an AUX button you will need one of these-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-Ford-C-Max-03-on-OEM-iPod-iPhone-and-Aux-in-Adaptor-CTAFOIPOD005-3-/170867827586?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27c8842382

That would certainly cover all the bases and also leave the AUX socket free for other uses.

Easy to fit, I did a similar device for running USB sticks and all simple (as long as you have your radio code).

Remove the radio, unplug the cable (quadlock).

Swap the AUX cable plug from the original position on the quadlock and reposition into the new loom input.

Position the control box under the radio location (or behind the glovebox if necessary) and run the ipod cable to wherever you want it.

What stoney said did it my self was a bit of a squeeze to fit it behind the radio ran the ipod bit to my glove box, but will only work with the cddj button didn't realise you did not have one sorry

Morning lesfingal

The best route id personally take you. Is to buy one of these kits.

http://www.fordbluetooth.co.uk/

It will give you everything you need. bluetooth. USB. A2DP IPod support. Voice control.

You may wish to check what cabling you have in your car first.