Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wiper Knocking Noise

Djianb

I have a mk3 focus and when I put my wipers on intermittent I hear a knocking noise as the wiper goes back to its stationary position. Does anyone else have this issue or know what it could be?

• Like 1

You sure it isn't just the relay clicking open/closed? I get that on my Mondeo.

It's when it goes back to the stationary position. It might be but it's annoying as hell

It goes back to normal then drops a tad & makes the click

Is there any clunk with then knock?HAHA. It's probably just the relay clicking open and closed, if there is a clunk you will probably have a tight wiper arm that needs some grease or a new motor to drive the arm. Take a video of it if your really worried, a relay probably wouldn't be audible from a recording.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

check to see if you wipers are not loose or hitting anything under the scuttle panel. it could be hitting the wiring plug for the heated windscreen (if you have one)

I have had this problem a few times and it has always been the arm being to tight.

• 2 years later...

You sure its not hitting the plastic below the window, mine was doing that the other day, turns out when I put the arms back on id put them slightly too low.  there is the relay, the noise is similar to the click you year on the rear wiper.

I'd describe the relay noise as more of a tick tick noise rather than a thunk thunk