Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Tdci Tuning Box???

M4RC

Just wondering what the crack is with the tuning boxes?? I have a 1.6 tdci fiesta mk7

Same as mine, 1.6 tdci? Won't be able to find a 'plug & play' box mate due to them, i believe, being tri core ecu's = 'anti tuning software! The ECU has to be removed and split!

Cant see the pics :-(

That's weird :(. Pretty much just tinted windows, footwell lights, puddle lights, all the headlights dumb badges etc

Can anyone tell me, where i can hide this Tuning Box?

Can anyone tell me, where i can hide this Tuning Box?

metal cable tie it up to something in the bay, but not near anything moving, if not wrap it in electrical tape and stuff it somewhere :D

Hello..

thanks for this answer..

I'm from Germany. And in Germany the Tuning Box is not legal, so i must hide this Box.

And now i'm searching for a good hiding Place :-)

Under a battery box, air filter housing or engine cover?

+1 was going to them say that :L or you could make a secret box for it to go in and tuck it away from underneath the engine on the sub frame, maybe inside the beam ;) or inside the fuse box if you take the fuse circuit out there is a space under it which i would say is big enough for a tuning box ;) ultra stealthy :ph34r:

Put the tuning box inside another box (electrical project type) wrap it in loom tape and disguise it as part of a manifold or general loom connector box.

Same as mine, 1.6 tdci? Won't be able to find a 'plug & play' box mate due to them, i believe, being tri core ecu's = 'anti tuning software! The ECU has to be removed and split!

Weird where have you heard this?

I ran a box on my MK7 before deciding it wasn't enough without a scrap of a problem.

You can use a PDI system or a commonrail system on the Fez, the latter being cheaper but a pain to fit. I just used double sided tape and stuck it under the battery box, no problems.

Stealth wise though how large is your box? And what's it made from? I'd imagine you could easy enough get away with leaving it where it connects with the commonrail sensor seeing it's such a bar stool to get at, and remove for service and MOT.

Thanks for the good ideas.. Now i have any places to hiding to Box..

Weird where have you heard this?

I ran a box on my MK7 before deciding it wasn't enough without a scrap of a problem.

You can use a PDI system or a commonrail system on the Fez, the latter being cheaper but a pain to fit. I just used double sided tape and stuck it under the battery box, no problems.

Stealth wise though how large is your box? And what's it made from? I'd imagine you could easy enough get away with leaving it where it connects with the commonrail sensor seeing it's such a bar stool to get at, and remove for service and MOT.

I heard it from a local remapper (post 2010) and i also was told that this is correct as it cannot be done down the diagnostics port?

What year was your Mk7?

Tuning boxes are what fit into the commonrail sensor or into the injectors to provide extra resistance so the fuel system adds more fuel and ignition in the cases of petrol tuning boxes I believe.

The devices for flashing the ECU are the ones that are incompatible due to the security features via diagnostic so that's what they'll have meant.

Was a 2011 my last one :P The security features for flashing are also present on my 2013 Fez for the mapping.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club