Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync Partial Failure

domlin

Hi all,

been a while since i've posted but i've been pretty busy so not had the time!

Anyway, Just hit 3K miles on my ST-2 Fiesta, and it's developed a weird issue.

The bluetooth system has stopped working, but only partially...

My phone (Sony Xperia Z1) connects and says that both PHONE and MEDIA audio are connected, as soon as i turn the radio on in the car.

However, ford Sync keeps popping up with a messaging saying " DISCONNECTED". The message is actually incorrect, as there is supposed to be a phone name above the word disconnected, but it just appears as blank space.

Even though my phone indicates its connected for both phone and media audio, all I can do is play music. No phone calls can be made through the sync system, as well as the Signal and battery icons dissapearing from the top of the sync screen...

I know this is a car issue, as i've tried other phones. Another thing that makes me think this is that I cannot delete the phone from the sync system, it just ignores my request...

Ive done "Set defaults" and "Master Reset", but I think this needs a hard reset.

Would anyone be able to give me a hint on how I can go abouts fixing this?

I'm thinking of removing the fuse and waiting a while and then plugging it back in, but there must be something else wrong!

any ideas?

I think you right, it needs a hard boot-

Open the glovebox, then press it in at either side near the hinges so it can drop right down. This allows you acsess to the fuse box behind it. Fuse 24 is 10amp, & is located (if my memory serves me correctly) on the far right of the 3rd row up. Then to reboot Sync, remove it for a minute then replace it.