Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

dho1977

12V Lighter Socket

7 posts in this topic

i bought a usb socket for my ipod. but it seems the socket in the front stays on after the engine is switched off, which is a pain because i have to pull it out every time i park up.

any ideas how the socket can be swithced off?

That socket stays live for approx 1/2 an hour. The boot socket is permanently live.

oh ok, thanks for that....i'll test it out tomorrow.....

Just don't mistake getting in the car to check as an indication that it had remained live!

Opening the door in itself 'wakes' the car up, so would that socket.

I'd use a plug-in device that has an LED indication... so that it can be monitored from the outside... e.g. a USB charger or similar?

yeah it worked as you said. i have a belkin one with a green led and like you said it woke up again when i unlocked the car......cheers again.....i had a look at the manual too and it said it in there also.....should have checked that first i suppose...but when do us men ever read the instructions.... :D

Now you can devote a little more in getting your mystery object out of the air vents lol :-)

yep, one issue solved..one to go!!