Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Questions From A Focus Noob.

Mark Duncombe

I've just upgraded on the Ford options plan from a 2010 1.4 Fiesta Titanium to a 2013 Focus Zetec 1.0 litre turbo charged econetic engine. There are a few things I am not happy with, and I wonder if there are solutions to the questions I have. I've asked the lads in the showroom these questions, but after sales support seems to be pants and they basically don't want to know.

- The air conditioning light comes on every time I turn the engine on. Is this normal?
- The sound quality from the Speakers is horrible compared to the Titanium. Is it possible to upgrade them to the Titanium Speakers?
- The amount of miles I have left on the petrol gauge rockets down a lot faster than the fiesta, then shoots back up 20 miles or so when you get out of the car and get back in. It makes planning for a stop for petrol very complicated. I'm thinking I might just go by the analogue needle it's that bad.
- I hate the SYNC audio system and the way it navigates through my USB flash drive folders. If you're in an album and want to go back out of it, it takes you to the main menu. It arranges all songs in a folder into alphabetical order and not by track number. The voice recognition is useless and doesn't understand my accent.
- I don't like the way the change up a gear arrows flashes on and then disappears, it makes you paranoid about keep looking at the dash as to get the fuel economy maximum and slow down the petrol gauge rocketing down like I'm using NOX.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mark.

The air con light comes on on a lot of focus cars I have a zetec and it does the same you just have to adjust the controls , if that's any help

I'm on my second ecoboost focus.

The fuel gauge issue will sort it self out once engine is run in. My new one on 850 miles does this and my old white one did this until 3000 miles. So don't panic about that mate

Hi mate, I have the focus mk2.5 so can't answer all of your issues!

1. is the heater matrix set to windscreen only? This maybe why the aircon is coming on when you start the car. This does on mine, It is a feature to help clear windscreen.

2. No comment, I have a titanium spec and no issues with Speakers

Speakers.

3. not sure on the gauge issue? surely you have a fuel dash light & audio warning? I have one that triggers at 50miles and then 25miles, dont really run it much less than that!

4. No comment. Aftermarket SatNav bluetooth unit fitted.

5. I think this feature can be turned off! but maybe not by the onboard computer, so by dealer only!

I have it on the dash cluster when ignition on but is not activated on my model, think ECO engines only but don't quote me.

Correct dealer can turn arrow gear shift light off but they won't unless u keep on at them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club